Independent Social worker

santa fe

Independent Social worker

Post by santa fe » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:21 pm

What is the difference between the council's ****social workers and the independent one?
The reason is i dont get on with the lying Vindictive council one's
Ps be told to speak nice about the SW's
so i am trying
Thanks

santa fe

Re: Independent Social worker

Post by santa fe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:17 am

Sorry!

warthhog123

Post by warthhog123 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:09 pm

Sorry but i dnt believe there is a difference, My child's guardian is independent social worker yet she could only be bothered to see me for an hour and came to my contact session for 5 mins!!! She was also suppose to visit people to form assessment and opinion yet sw doing it now!!
Psychological assessor was also suppose to be independent but all of them used what social worker had already filed and are solely going on her information. So in answer to your question they all get paid from the same pot and once social worker has done the damage they all follow like sheep.

In my experience LA carry all the weight and not many including my legal team are keen to question them and dont seem to want to rock the apple cart.
Sorry im very bitter at the moment as recommendation for my son by sw is now adoption, so they are not even taking into account what i have done since or allow me the chance to prove myself!!

santa fe

Post by santa fe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:42 pm

Sorry to hear that,
Would you not be better getting a different solicitor as my solicitor has told me the SW's will be put in the dock when the time comes.

Murray72

Post by Murray72 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:16 pm

If the court agree to appoint an Independent Social Worker they will look at the whole case again, review evidence and speak to witness' they have been known to turn around a case. It can be positive but it can be very difficult to get one unless paying privately.

They are not employed by the Local Authority.

santa fe

Post by santa fe » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:31 pm

The reason is because i dont trust those nice polite and well manored sw's who never lie.
(Oh look some flying pigs outside)
My solicitor has mentioned it and it will be decideed next week after my meeting with those nice people..
#Yes i have called them liars in court whilst on oaef, yesterday was my have a rant day and let everything out and i did say sorry to the judge and my barrister after but i still got told off by my barrister. Well iam fed up of everyone making me out to be some bad person when i am not all because of the EX's lie's
Thanks

Murray72

Post by Murray72 » Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:03 pm

I have met people who's Children have been returned home after a number of years due to the intervention of a ISW. Unfortunately in my case the need for one was not supported and I was not in any financial position to afford one.

I can't see how upsetting the Judge will help your case.

We have all had issues with SW on this site, My Child is now on SW number 6, some have been good and some have been dreadful, two could not speak basic English, but sadly we have to work with them.

Murray72

Post by Murray72 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:18 pm

I found this informative

What social workers must learn from landmark case

By Camilla Pemberton, journalist, on June 28, 2012

This week's legal case against Lancashire council - concerning two brothers who spent 13 years in the authority's care - has serious lessons, and questions, for social care professionals, writes children's guardian Alison Paddle.

In a case brought by two teenage brothers, the judge HHJ Jackson found Lancashire council and an independent reviewing officer breached the boys' human rights.

The brothers, who came into care when they were very young, claimed damages for breach of statutory duty and negligence. They had suffered irreparable damage following frequent placement changes and abuse by foster carers. They also lost all their relationships with their birth family because, although they were freed for adoption, adopters were never found and the freeing orders remained in place for 11 years - severing the boys' family links. They became what the judge called 'statutory orphans' without a "legal tie to any natural person".

So what are the lessons for social workers? We've known for decades that the local authority can be an abusive and neglectful parent. Children need someone who has personal responsibility for them, who will hold them in mind and fight their corner. That's what parents are for. The 'reasonable parent' is a legal concept, but what defines parents is that they will go to unreasonable lengths to get what is right for their child.

The legal status of children in care has welfare consequences, as the judgment explains. Social workers need to understand the law and link it with good social work practice. When an adoptive family could not be found the boys needed the care plan to be re-evaluated, not just family-finding plans but their legal status. Any case where children are on freeing or placement orders and the plan for adoption has not been achieved should be urgently reviewed to see if they should return to court.

Ending all contact with birth family members removed a protective factor. Family members may not be able to care for children but almost always they still care about them. They stick around, as carers and social workers may not, and can raise concerns on their behalf.

Children need access to independent avenues to safeguard their rights. The independent reviewing officer (IRO) was found personally responsible, alongside the local authority, because he did not hold the local authority to account for failing to implement its care plan and review decisions.

The IRO role is a vital but structurally flawed protective mechanism for children in public care. IROs are not independent of local authorities despite their name. Many have huge caseloads - in this case the IRO had a caseload of 200 - and often lack access to independent legal advice. The option for IROs to report cases to Cafcass Legal has only been used nationally 8 times between 2007-11. Is it time to use the provision under the Children and Young Persons Act 2008 to create a new national body for IROs outside local authorities?

Government and local authority managers must ensure adequate resourcing and create a culture that supports reflective practice and sound planning for children. Social workers need time to spend with children, and in-depth training and knowledge. And we each need to take individual responsibility to act proactively to safeguard each child as we would our own. (Pic: Rex features)

Alison Paddle works as a children's guardian and independent social worker and is policy and press officer for Nagalro
You might also find this helpful: Guide to Adoption and Children Act 2002

santa fe

Post by santa fe » Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:24 pm

Thank you

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:41 am

murray,

Quote "I have met people who's Children have been returned home after a number of years due to the intervention of a ISW. Unfortunately in my case the need for one was not supported and I was not in any financial position to afford one" unquote

Could you tell me any more about this .My children have been in care for a number of years and I wonder if an ISW could help me. I did once e-mail one on the internet and he said he can only work at the invitation of a court ,social worker and lawyer. He would not talk to me as an individual.
In which circumstances were the people you met helped?