Scared

aspire99

Scared

Post by aspire99 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:37 am

Got an initial child protection meeting tomorrow and im going to be accused of keeping my son off school and making up illnesses. I can assure you this is not true. Why can't they get the facts right.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Scared

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:54 pm

Dear aspire99

Welcome to the Parents’ Discussion Board.

I am Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I see from your post that you had an initial child protection conference on Tuesday, 21st November and I am sorry that due to volume of work your post did not receive an earlier response.

Now that you have had the initial child protection conference was the outcome for a child protection plan or a child in need plan?
I have included here copies of our advice sheets relating to child protection procedures and family support both of which provides more detailed information about the different plans.

If there is a child protection plan, I suggest that you do your best to do what has been asked of your because unlike a child in need plan which is voluntary, failure to adhere to a child protection plan can lead to children’s services taking more drastic action to safeguard your child. Having said that, if here is a child in need plan, it is important that you consider carefully before deciding that you do not want the support being offered by children’s services. Failure to accept support or provide yourself an alternative could lead children’s services to escalate a child in need situation to child protection.

You say your son is being kept off school, how serious is his non-attendance and did the school make a referral to children’s services because of their own concerns? Does your son have any special needs requirements in respect of his education?
Should you wish to speak to an adviser about your situation, please telephone our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

I hope this is helpful.

Best wishes

Suzie