Will the judge agree with social services?

heartbroken80

Will the judge agree with social services?

Post by heartbroken80 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:05 pm

Hello,

I am due to go to court the 22nd November for a directions hearing.
Things are very positive. The social worker said that she will recommend my son to be returned as she has never seen someone fight so hard and I have done everything they have asked.
I am just worried that a judge might not agree with them and it's making me ill with worry.
I have attended all contacts and the supervisor and social worker said they are so pleased as my 2 year old and I have such a special bond. They even said they would be gutted if I didn't have him returned.
Will the judge agree with childrens service or go against them?
I am also scared as I have a 4 1/2 hours psychological assessment soon and I am just worried about what will happen.
I adore and worship my little boy, he is my life. I couldn't bare if I lost him.
The social worker has really been shocked by how I have fought for my little boy and she has been really fair now.
Please can I have your advice.
Thanks

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Will the judge agree with social services?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:35 pm

Dear heartbroken80

Thank you for your further post.

You say you have a hearing on 22 November for a directions hearing. I assume this might be a hearing for the court to find out what else parties need to do before the final hearing. If this directions hearing is before the issues resolution hearing and all parties are agreed about the plans for your son then it may well be that an early final hearing could be arranged without the need for a contested hearing. I am of course making these assumptions without having the benefit of knowing all details of your case.

As you say the social worker is supporting your son’s return to your care, it will also depend on what the children’s guardian has to say about the welfare of your child and whether he or she supports a return to your care.

The judge is likely unless he or she considers that the evidence before the court suggests otherwise to take full account of the recommendations made by children’s services and the guardian. Please see advice sheet relating to care proceedings and in particular from page 32 which gives information on how the court makes its decision. A copy of the advice sheet is here for your information.

As far as your psychological assessment is concerned, I suggest that you try to be yourself and cooperate with the assessment. The psychologist has been, I suppose, asked to consider how you function and whether there are any specific issues which would affect our ability to safely parent your son. You say that everything has been going well. The psychologist will see copies of documents in your case so will have an idea what has been going on. Do you have any particular psychological issues which is likely to give cause for concern? If the psychologist finds anything then he or she will give a recommendation what steps you can take to alleviate or remedy that particular issue.
I suggest you treat the assessment the same as you have with the social worker and make it about how important caring for your son is and your willingness to do whatever is required to ensure you can have him home. Only the psychologist can say whether there are other things of concerns so try to be calm and answer honestly questions you are asked.

I hope you find this helpful but you can speak to an adviser by telephoning our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3pm (except Bank Holidays).

Best wishes

Suzie