This is so difficult I just don't know what to do

Mysocalledlife

This is so difficult I just don't know what to do

Post by Mysocalledlife » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:30 pm

Hi I've come here to ask for some advice.
I have been with my boyfriend for about 7 years I'm 29 he's just turned 42 I've known him since I was 17 and he was 29 as we worked together.
Just two years ago the police came knocking on our door to confiscate his laptop & mobile phone I thought it was all a dream as I know he's not that type of person, anyway, to cut a long story short, he pleaded guilty a year ago to 20 indecent images on his laptop (lowest category C) has to sign the SOR for 7 years and see a probation officer every other week now until June and has to inform the police if he is to stay overnight somewhere where there are under 18's (he's only been on the SOR for a year so far) My concern is if we plan for a baby, what will happen? We always wanted children together and now I feel like I'm in a dark hole. He's naive and didn't think about the full consequences. I believe that he went on a site or clicked on something he shouldn't have done but not intentionally!?. I don't want to bring a baby into the world knowing childservices will be able to take them away or I have to choose between my baby or partner? I've read that sometimes I would have to go on a course to see the signs which I would be happy to do is there anyone who have had similar circumstances where there partner and baby have been able to stay as a family without any difficulties?
Thanks in advance

Foreigner

Re: This is so difficult I just don't know what to do

Post by Foreigner » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi,
I would suggest you have a look at the topic "are social services worried about your child". There are some similar posts