Advice needed

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:08 am

Advice needed

Post by Ikkles82 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:03 pm

Hey everyone, I'm new to this and would like some advice.
Short story: found out partner was a registered sex offender after 9 years while 6 hours away from home. Police just left me and my 3 children seriously distressed.
I implemented safeguarding and called in all the authorities that needed to be involved.
Came to realise he had been mentally abusing us too.

My question is:
On a report I received it states that he is on the sex offenders register with a risk to children status.
Does anyone know what this means as I'm having trouble getting an explanation from anyone.

Thank you in advance and if anyone would like to know the full story please ask.


User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2246
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Advice needed

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:45 pm

Dear Ikkles82

Welcome to the Parents Discussion Board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

It must be a very upsetting and distressing time for you at the moment learning about your partner’s history as a registered sex offender after a 9 years in a relationship. You must be going through a lot of different emotions at the moment.

You have acted positively ensuring that your children are safeguarded and now in a place where you are coming to terms with all that has happened to you and your children. Bearing in mind the shock this disclosure must have been for you it seems you are coping well.

Regarding your question about your partner’s status, he is on the sex offenders register and is considered to be a risk to children this can be where no child has been identified as being in contact or where named child. What you refer to in your post relates to your partner’s status as a Person Posing a Risk to Children (PPRC status). This status replaces the Schedule One offender status where someone had committed an offence against a child.

If you are unclear about anything in the report that you received I suggest that you make contact with children’s services or the person who produced the report to explain things to you.

You may wish to make contact with the Lucy Faithfull Foundation 0808 100 0900 (to get more information about sex offenders) as this organisation advise and support both offenders and their families.

I hope you find this helpful but if you wish to speak to an adviser, please telephone our free and confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

Best wishes


Post Reply