Deleted question

Deleted question

Post by 321321 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:35 am

Hello I have deleted this question's contents for privacy reasons.
Last edited by 321321 on Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Is going back to the uk safe in my situation?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 pm

Dear C123,

Welcome to the parents forum.

I can see that you have been through a lot during the last year. You fled to Ireland when you were pregnant because children services had said they would remove your baby at birth. In Ireland, your baby was removed and then returned to you after an assessment said that it was safe for him to be with you. You no longer have children services involvement.

You are now thinking about moving back to England from Ireland and wonder how the law will treat you. Is there a risk your child could be removed from you in England?
Or you were to become pregnant again, could your new born be removed from you?

If you returned to England, would the Irish authorities inform children services in England? It doesn’t sound likely but as I do not know the law in Ireland, you could check this with your legal team in Ireland.

Once you are back in England, if children services were to become involved because a referral was made to them because of concerns about your son or if a midwife or GP refer you when you are pregnant then an assessment of your parenting would be carried out. The history of children services past involvement would be examined as well as the most recent positive assessment. Consideration would be given as to what support would be needed to keep your family together.

Before your child could be removed from you, in England, children services would need either your agreement to the removal or they need a court order.
Before the court grant an order, children services would have to show reasonable cause that your child is at risk of suffering significant harm or has suffered that harm.
See our advice sheet 15 about care proceedings.

The latest assessment in Ireland says that you can safely parent. So if children services were to become involved again, this assessment would be taken into account.
What were the past risks to your child? Are they still present or not? You haven’t outlined in your post what they were. So it is impossible for me to provide better advice to you.
Could you seek an opinion from a solicitor or barrister in England-before you return? or you could always discuss further with an advisor on our advice line.

Best wishes,
Suzie

Re: Is going back to the uk safe in my situation?

Post by 321321 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:18 pm

Hello I have deleted my reply for privacy reasons.