Social services section 47

MNS123

Social services section 47

Post by MNS123 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:28 pm

Hi I'm new to the forum and am looking to see if anyone knows if social services under a section 47 can see my child in school without my consent or knowledge?
Thank you

Kami2018

Re: Social services section 47

Post by Kami2018 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:21 pm

In most cases they do inform child's parents but under a section 47 they do not need your permission and can go ahead and talk to your child if there concern is that there high risk to whatever your circumstances are , and also if they ask you can tbeyntalk in school woth your child and you refuse that will make them suspicious n if u don't consent they will tneynask the court for that permission to do so .but I'm near positive under a child protection enquiry theybcant Tom to children in school and don't have to inform parents there doing so hope this helps

MNS123

Post by MNS123 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:22 pm

Ok thanks, am just really pissed off that they did it as after a visit from the social worker she said i will probably close this case now so can't be that fxxking worried :roll:

Kami2018

Post by Kami2018 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Have they went into the school and spoke to your child already section 47 is child protection enquirys

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:03 pm

MNS123 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:28 pm Hi I'm new to the forum and am looking to see if anyone knows if social services under a section 47 can see my child in school without my consent or knowledge?
Thank you
Dear MNS123

Thank you for your post and welcome to the parents’ discussion forum.

From your post it appears that children’s services (the new name for social services) are carrying out child protection enquiries which I assume follows on from a referral they have received regarding your child or children.

You have not given any information about what children’s services is concerned about in respect of safeguarding relating to your family.

To answer your specific question whether your child can be see in school without your consent or knowledge under s.47, the answer is yes. Good practice would be for the social worker to inform you that he or she intends to see your child but if there may be concerns that a child might not give a clear picture of his or her feelings because a parent or person caring for them may influence the child then a decision may be made not to pre-warn the parent of the visit.

I think you might find it helpful to read our advice sheet Child protection procedures which explains in more detail the procedures under s.47.

Should you wish to discuss this matter some more with an adviser, you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3pm.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie