Final court hearing answer social service recommendations

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:22 am

Final court hearing answer social service recommendations

Postby Proudmummi » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:51 am

Hi so me and my partner have been going through some stuff recently
Back on January there was a incident in which as are saying was dv since Then one more incident happened as a result of the situation we was in anyway we have been working with ss and have done all they asked had parenting assessments done courses etc whilst working on our relationship to prevent anything further happening! My 3 children (previous partner ) are currently with my parents on a child arrangement order and his daughter (previous partner) is with her mother after being in his sole care for 7 years
Yesterday we got the news that social are going to recommend that the children remain with my parents on a sgo till they are 18 it’s been expressed are parenting is not in question Amd that this is on the basis that even after 4 months or no further incidents it MAY happen again ! I don’t know how I can prove it won’t or weather the judge will see we have done all we can and overall ss recommendation? I am also currently pregnant and this case holds a lot of influence on weather we can also keep baby we can also not return to court regarding his daughter until this is over anyone had experience with judge overall of a recommendation or any advice on what we can do to improve our chances

Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Final court hearing answer social service recommendations

Postby Kami2018 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:37 pm

From my personal opinion when u have children removed from it care social services will call a child protection hearing on ur in born child and assess the risks and positives but they mainly focus on the risk

Posts: 80
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Final court hearing answer social service recommendations

Postby Kami2018 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:59 pm

There has got to be more to it then a couple domestic incidents because if that was the case social services would have gave u the option to leave the violent partner and have your children if what u say is true there's no problem with ur parenting these incidents of domestic violence must have been very serious

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2083
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Final court hearing answer social service recommendations

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:20 pm

Dear Proudmummi

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. I can see that you are very worried about what will happen at court regarding the decision about where your children will live.

I am sorry that there has been a slight delay in responding to you. Family Rights Group is a small charity and due to the volume of enquiries we receive it is not always possible to respond as quickly as you or we would like.
It is not clear from our post whether children’s services made an application to the court for care orders and the children were placed with your parents under child arrangement orders during the case; or your parents applied for the order themselves and following recent incidents of domestic violence children’s service consider that it would be more appropriate for your parents to have special guardianship orders for the children.

Parents are entitled to legal aid in care cases in which case you should have a solicitor representing and, if you have worked with children’s services and taken course to address the issues in your relationship, then your legal representatives can challenge children’s services recommendation that the children should not return to your. You may find it helpful to read our advice sheet relating to Care (and related) proceedings.

Children’s services is always concerned when children are in a environment where domestic abuse/violence is an issue. The fact that you were already working with them and another incident occurred may be the reason they are not confident that you and your partner will be able to main the current situation. Also, it the children have been with their grandparents for a long time then children’s service may take the view that they are now settled. However, if you have had positive parenting assessments it may be that with additional support for you and your partner this would help to ensure that your relationship further improves and the risk of further domestic abuse/violence diminishes.

The information in the following links might be helpful to both and you , your partner

If the application to the court was made by your parents, this is a private law case and legal aid is not readily available. It may be the case that you do not have a solicitor and, if so, you can contact Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480 as they can advise you on private law matters.

You should, if you are in care proceedings and represented by a solicitor discuss with your solicitor what you want to happen. Ask your solicitor to find out from children’s services what they need you to do to show that you can safely look after your children. It is very important that you work with your solicitor as he or she has all the information relating to your case and will be able to advise and guide you on the best way forward.

Do post again if you wish with more information about your situation or, if you wish to speak to an adviser, telephone our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30am to 3pm (except Bank Holidays).

Hope you find this helpful.

Best wishes


Return to “Welcome and rules of use”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest