advice about my chidren

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:09 pm

advice about my chidren

Post by jojo123 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:44 am

Hi 22nd of december 2017 my children got taking into foster care due to neglect as i was in a relationship with a registered sex offender as a result in loosing my 4children i ended the relationship and ended all contact too bur that was not good enough they made up more excuses to keep my children like my house was dirty messy and smelly then i corrected all of that as it wasnt true what they were saying. Then they went onto my childrens school attendance atm im going through heartach due to all this as i no i am a fantastic mother and my children know im a fantastic mother i just dont understand why they r doing all this also the sex offender i was with i ended up pregnant and i gave birth to her on 23rd jun 2017 shes only 5 weeks old and they have removed her from my care too. My 15year old daughter 14year old son 10year old daughter and 8year old daughter r in long term foster care due to my final hearing i had on the 19th july 2017 i have been told off my solicitor i can put in for a discharge but not just yet as its too soon. The solicitor has advised me to consentrate on my 5week old daughter as shes on a seprate court case also my 15year old daughter keeps running home from foster placementthis has been going on a few weeks now csc have had to get a section 50 for police to phisicaly remove her and they are stopping my contact all my other children due to my 15year old returning home how can they punish me because of my daughters actions. Also i have alot of concerns regarding csc but i dont know what to do about it can somebody pls advise me pls

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2250
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: advice about my chidren

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:25 pm

Dear jojo123

Welcome to the Parents Discussion Forum.

My name is Suzie, the online adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that 4 of your children are now on full care order and in long term foster care following care proceedings. This case has been decided by the court and, whilst I can understand that you feel you were unfairly or wrongly treated the court has made a decision. If your legal representative considered that the decision could be appealed, they would no doubt have advised you to do so.

Now that the children are in long term foster care, you should try your best to continue having contact with them. Your contact should have been discussed at the time of the final hearing. It is important that you have an understanding of what duties children’s services have in respect of your children now that they are under care orders and I am sending you a copy of our advice sheet relating to these duties.

As you have been advised by your solicitor, it is possible to apply to discharge a care order but no application can be made to the court within six (6) months. It is also important that before considering such an application, you make sure that you address the concerns that led the court to decide that the children could not return to your care. If you do not already have a copy of the judgement then you should ask your solicitor for a copy. Read this carefully to see the reasons given by the judge why the children had to be made subject to care orders. You must address these concerns before going back to the court as if no significant changes are made it is unlikely your application would succeed.

I think your solicitor has given you very good advice relating to your baby. In that case, you need to show that you would be able to meet your baby’s needs within her timescale so if there are any courses you need to do or anything suggested in reports from the previous case that you need to do you should do them now. I do not know the details of your case as your solicitor who is the best person to advise you. To help you understand the process in addition to what your solicitor will advise you about care proceedings please read this advice sheet .

Children’s services should not stop your contact for more than 7 days without giving an explanation in writing. It appears that because of your 15 year old daughter’s behaviour in running away, children’s services may be concerned that until the children are settled in their foster placement it is best that there is no contact. Alternatively, they may take the view that you may encourage the children to act up so that their placements breakdown. This would not be good for the children or you as you may find that they are placed a long way from you if their placements breakdown, although their placements should be ones that meet each child's specific needs if they are placed together or separately. The advice sheet about contact with children in care will give you useful information about contact

The section 50 to which you refer in your post relates to applications for a recovery order as your daughter is running away. If you can encourage your daughter not to run away although it might be difficult being away from home or it could lead to action being taken to ensure that she is kept her safe.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser please telephone our free, confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope you find this helpful

Best wishes


Post Reply