Honestly cant see the light

blueplain

Re: Honestly cant see the light

Post by blueplain » Wed May 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi warthhog123

I read about all that has been going on. I dont think I can advise you but I am replying to wish you the best of luck and that you are in my thoughts.

Have you asked your MP to help with legal representation?

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu May 23, 2013 11:20 am

dear warthhog, if you have been refused legal funding you should receive a letter from the Legal Aid authorities which will include a form with which to appeal against their decision.Twice I have been refused legal funding after solicitors have applied for me.Both times when I filled the appeal forms in myself and returned them directly (i.e. not via the solicitor without even telling them) I received a letter back within days granting me legal funding up to £5000. State all the reasons for the application yourself and you should have no problem. However even when you get it ,the certificate will go to the solicitor who will carry on doing its worst

warthhog123

Post by warthhog123 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:20 pm

Morning Ange, Im still here but nothing has really changed. I was just wanting to ask you. I have been granted only emergency funding at this time, this will not cover my entire costs. Legal just say they are awaiting to hear. I wondered if i should wait or write to them myself expressing the urgency of this funding, how ever i am aware that i am not stupid and full certificate will not be granted if they feel i can not win my case, and i assume they are awaiting the very crucial re assessment from the first psychological assessor which is due into court today. any advise grateful.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:12 am

dear warthhog, you don't seem certain as to whether you have a legal funding certificate in force or not and what it is for. As you're probably having trouble getting any help or information from your solicitors ( n.b. this happened to us as I've said before) I suggest you examine any certificate you have in your possession and look up the telephone number of the commission.You can then contact them quoting the relevant information and establish whether you still have legal funding,whether any certificate is in force,what for etc.etc. .This will not take long and you will know the facts by tomorrow!

I would say that either your old certificate is still in force having been issued up to and including the hearing of a placement order application or if that was not so that the solicitor has applied for a new one and hasn't heard yet.
One way or another, you can find out if you contact the commission direct( there is nothing to stop you) and if you do so you may be able to speed them up a bit. When they do decide they will write to you as well as your solicitor to let you know and as I said in my last message, if it is refused, appeal the same day yourself, explaining your case including the new evidence for you and tell them about the M.P'S letter of support.
Best of luck and keep in contact wit the forum.

warthhog123

Post by warthhog123 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Dear All & Ange

Update i am still on emergency funding and awaiting to see if full funding is to be granted. My legal team have submitted a application to discharge the full care order.
As you all know i was told at the final hearing by first psychological assessor that i needed 1/2 years therapy and could not safe guard my son.

I got my new therapist to write report which was amazing, yet judge and Local Authorities wanted re assessment from first assessor.

Well well my legal team, local authorities all thought it would come back negative..... In fact she now states i have worked hard over 9 months and she now supports my son been rehabilitated to my full time care.

So i now await court next week for Resolution hearing, which would have been straight forward but it appears due to positive report they need a new plan..............
I have worked so bloody hard for this and never once lost sight of my goal and that is to have my son back with his mummy.

Im not home and dry yet but fingers crossed.

I have had both my legal team and Local Authorities against me and yet i keep fighting for the truth and proof that you can change..... who should dictate a time frame for change...
Thanks for all support on here and will keep you posted. xx

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:45 am

dear warthhog, great news,will keep my fingers crossed,how is the baby,God bless him?,

warthhog123

Post by warthhog123 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:49 pm

Dear Ange and all

Well court over back to twin tracked adoption or return home. new assessment been done over next 4 weeks and extra questions to clarify first assessors report.
Basically extra questions are been asked in the hopes for LA that she states cant have son returned whilst in therapy!!!!!!!!!!! think they will still try for adoption!!
I have to try keep an open mind and hope this new assessment is fair and honest but will have to wait and see..... They have said one thing and wrote the complete opposite in the past so i am mindful of them.
Extra contact granted not much but a start, little man is doing extremely well and his foster carers are amazing.
Court now next month so more waiting and dragging this out, but decision now aug!!!!!!!!!!!
will keep you all posted.
Feel over whelmed by all the help, followers of my journey and support.
complaints still up in the air but i will not let them go for all the tea in china!!!!!!!!!!
take care all xx

warthhog123

Post by warthhog123 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:20 am

Dear All

It has finally happened my son is to be returned to me under a supervision order on Monday 16th September. Finally after a gruelling 18 months in care, I will resume my role being a full time mum. This Journey has been the longest toughest fight of my entire life.
However i always said to childrens social care "YOU WILL NOT HAVE MY SON WITHOUT ONE HELL OF A FIGHT" point proven.

So whilst i am beyond elated i have in fact won and over turned a placement order for adoption, i am still left with a pain so raw and a sadness that my baby who i exclusily breast fed is now a very insecure little boy who has gone through so much in his short time. I am destroyed by the confusion and changes my little man is having to go through. The look on his face when you leave him, thinking is mummy coming back!!!!!!!!
My journey is far from over as i now have the task of building the relationship between mother and son, starting from scratch. I have fought so hard for a relationship that is unknown.

I can not begin to express the struggles i still have the unanswered questions of how this case went so wrong from the start.

I have been advised by my legal team and the judge to drop my complaint as i am lucky to be having my son returned to my care. The judge said " Quite frankly i do not understand what this mother has to complain about"!!!!!!!!! This makes me sad as i still am scarred by the abuse, false information, date errors, blatant lies by children's social care which have never once been challenged by the courts or my legal team. I am still extremely bitter that this barbaric behaviour is still allowed leaving many parents im sure to give up fighting!!!!!!!!

The family court proceedings and most professionals drains all emotion out of parents and they then feel they have no where to turn.

So i have been left to provide everything for my son with no money, im unable to work for the foreseeable future due to the emotional trauma this has caused my son. Childrens social care now just want out and still to this day do not trust me and are not forth coming with support and help for me and my son. No change there then!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

I thank every one who has taken the time to read my posts and hope there is more success stories to come. So my fight and my journey still continues in a different way, i now have to love, nurture and cherish my son and build up his flagging self esteem and confidence. I can not get back the 18 months of only seeing my son in contact, but i am sure as hell going to take good care of him.

I will leave with my thoughts of his first night home........... Putting my son to bed for the first time in 18 months........ screaming for his foster carers, in a strange bedroom, he fears the unknown all small and helpless he can not share his confusion and fears. I try to reasure him and hold him tight and kiss him good night..... I tell him i will see him in the morning,but he is still crying and confused. I leave the room and sit on the edge of my bed as he cries and i feel i have abandoned him, the pain immense. He drifts to sleep still murmuring, I creep in and watch this once my tiny baby sleep and the tears fall from my eyes at last the moment is here. I get to watch my son sleep after 18 months in his own bed.

I will let you all know how we are settling very soon xx

blueplain

Post by blueplain » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:09 pm

Hello Warthhog123

How are you both settling down, it must be difficult for you to pick up the relationship were it was last left off. It wasnt right for them to allow you to become so estranged. However I know in time that this will become easier and be a distant memory. I hope you can catch up on thoese memories you missed. Children services in my opinion are very primitive with their practices.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:12 am

dear warthhog,so glad to hear the good news.Social Workers have no idea. As I have said now your son is home, they will lose interest in you and him and you will be lucky if they even carry our any statutory visits.Despite cases like yours ,I fear they never learn! Your lawyers and the judge's advice not to complain has [probably been given not in your ,the child's or the public interest) in the interests of the Local Authority and the system as a whole.I am sure you are well capable of working out what to do yourself without my advice but I will say that to complain about social workers through there own procedures is probably a waste of time.They have their ways of dealing with complaints. If I was you I would consider making a complaint through the courts; possibly a claim for breach of duty of care or one for perverting the cause of justice( by giving false information).Then you might get compensation for your son's ( and your own) suffering. Best of luck. Please keep in touch with the forum as I would be most interested in your court experiences particularly about your so- called lawyers.