How to make a complaint about social services & persecution

bearcubs2

How to make a complaint about social services & persecution

Post by bearcubs2 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:26 am

I've been through the relevant lines of complaining & simply get yet another social worker to make me 'more complient'. I've had enough.
What can I do to draw attention & start to fix what the social services have done to myself & my boys. They're both autistic & now I've found the special needs school they've been attending their entire lives have now started to change the outcome of their school grades/reports. They're making them out to be stupid & saying that they can't communicate their wants/needs/wishes.
When I compare these current report outcomes I find they're grossly inaccurate & show the children in a poor light leading up to the final hearing of a section 37 in court. I only have Til March...then that's it.
My eldest won't trust the social services to speak to them, he's seen what they've put us all through & all this is because I've left an abusive relationship.
They're now 'looked after' children. In a LAC review meeting the other day I was shouted at twice for answering two questions directed at myself with full eye contact. My aunt was with me, saw this & tried to speak up for me when I was 'forbidden' to speak. Then they kept saying "OUR children" each time I mentioned "my boys"...I feel like it's already done.
Is there no allowance for having the outcome of a Section 37 appealed? Just in case.
I'm so scared that the boys will go to their father, he's not safe.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How to make a complaint about social services & persecution

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:12 pm

Dear bearcubs2

My name is Suzie and I am an Adviser at Family Rights Group.

I am sorry that you are so distressed and upset by the situation you currently find yourself and your children following Children Services involvement.

You say in your post that you have made complaints in the past and had changes of social workers but it is clear that you do not feel this has helped in anyway. It is very really unfortunate that it has not helped.

If you have concerns regarding your children’s education you should take this up directly with the school. I would suggest that you arrange an appointment with the Headteacher to discuss your concerns. If you are not able to do this, then you should obtain the details of the Chair of Governors at the school to make a complaint. Since you children have special needs it is for the school to help to ensure that they are learning to their ability and if this is not happening perhaps they need to look at whether appropriate methods are being used for your children’s particular needs.

You say you have a final hearing due in March and there has been an assessment. I am assuming that the assessment you refer to was carried out in care proceedings. You refer to a s.37 report but this would normally be carried out when a judge in a private law case directs the local authority to prepare one. If a parenting assessment was carried out in the care proceedings and you are not happy with this, then you should discuss it with your solicitor. Any factual inaccuracies can then be rectified by the person preparing the report. I think, however, you mean s.31 which relates to care proceedings.

If there is to be an appeal of any decision made by the court, you will need to discuss this with your solicitor. In order to appeal a judge’s decision there has to be grounds for an appeal.

As far as the LAC review is concerned, your children are accommodated or subject to an interim care order. If you are unhappy about the way the review was conducted or how you were treated then you should write to the Chair/Independent Review Officer (IRO) about your concerns and ask for a written response.

The court will be considering what best for your sons. Their welfare is the paramount consideration for the judge when making a decision about where they will live. It will be for your solicitor to present your case to the court as to your concerns about the father and how living with him is likely to affect the children. The Guardian represents the children’s welfare and the judge will take account of his or her recommendation and make a decision based on all the evidence before the court what the best order is for your children.

I am including a link to our advice sheet relating to care proceedings from which you will get more information about the court process.

If you wish to make a complaint about the way Children Services have handled your case, you can do so and a copy of our advice sheet relating to complaints is here for your information.

I hope you will find this information helpful. However, if you wish to speak to an Adviser, please feel free to telephone our advice line. The advice line is open Monday to Friday from 9.30 a.m. to 3.00 p.m.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Murray72

Re: How to make a complaint about social services & persecution

Post by Murray72 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:27 am

Bearcubs,

I just wondered how is your relationship with the IRO who chairs the meetings, do you get an opportunity to speak with them before the meeting alone ? If not you should do, they have a duty to your child to ascertain your views as Mother, the role of the IRO has changed in recent years and you can obtain a copy of the guidelines they have to work to online, it may be worth reading and seeing if your IRO is failing you/your children.

When you say that they refer to the children as "our" children do you mean CS or the foster carer, this comment sounds deliberate and cruel and completely inappropriate, I also don't see how they can forbid you to speak at the review.

My child was in FC for 4 years under a full care order until last year and I tried every avenue to raise my complaints and concerns regarding some of the decisions made, and I look back now and wonder if they were all futile, however they did keep me focussed and permanently on the CS radar, and of course I had a paper trail to refer my child to when they ask the inevitable "why me?" question.

I did have limited success with my MP until I moved house and got a new MP who would not support me and I basically hit a brick wall. It may be worth researching your local MP and writing to them.

Stay strong