The Chair overruled everyone-child protection

Boggletlh

The Chair overruled everyone-child protection

Post by Boggletlh » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:15 pm

I cannot believe it! The I dependant chair went against other professionals recommendation to take children off the child protection register. Despite having the backing of everyone present the chair said 'I'm not going to be popular'. Really!! How unprofessional. Despite getting the father to move out and doing everything I could possibly do. Social worker and the manager were astounded! All professionals have distended?! Do not agree with chairs decision.

I've been in the system a while and did not realise this could happen. Chair talked about me not signing a written agreement, all professionals said was not needed as no legal standing. Chair then said wanted children to stay on the register for a further three months!! To evidence stuff! As too much second hand information.

I am going to appeal decision, advice please? I have also put in a complaint about the chair's unprofessionalism.

To the chair 3 months is not long, but to me it's a stab in the back after experiencing this hell for over 5 years now!! I have contacted a lawyer re written agreement etc....

Emotionally exhausted and having to seek help through GP because of this.

ange301126

Re: The Chair overruled everyone-child protection

Post by ange301126 » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:29 am

Dear Boggled, I wouldn't bother to complain about it. The chairperson was quite right to declare the decision shouldn't be made without evidence and on second-hand information.

Who else was present at the meeting besides the sw's?

I bet the decision to place the children on the cp register five years ago and most decisions by subsequent cp meetings have been taken without real, qualified evidence and on much second-hand information.

Ask the chairperson to explain why the change now?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:59 am

Dear Boggletlh

It certainly sounds like you find yourself in the middle of a frustrating process at this time. I suppose you have two options as a way forward.

You could put in a formal complaint via the safeguarding and quality assurance team. This would specifically explore the child protection conference meeting process, if you felt that you have been treated unfairly. It would be very important to be specific about your concerns as to how you feel you have been disadvantaged in any way. However, there is no guarantee of a successful outcome, and could delay the process further.

Alternatively, you could sit tight and continue to cooperate with the core group or professional network over the next three months in the hope that the child protection plan is ended at the end of that period.

You could obtain contact details for the safeguarding and quality assurance team from the council website.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

bearcubs2

Post by bearcubs2 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:23 pm

Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote:Dear Boggletlh

It certainly sounds like you find yourself in the middle of a frustrating process at this time. I suppose you have two options as a way forward.

You could put in a formal complaint via the safeguarding and quality assurance team. This would specifically explore the child protection conference meeting process, if you felt that you have been treated unfairly. It would be very important to be specific about your concerns as to how you feel you have been disadvantaged in any way. However, there is no guarantee of a successful outcome, and could delay the process further.

Alternatively, you could sit tight and continue to cooperate with the core group or professional network over the next three months in the hope that the child protection plan is ended at the end of that period.

This is EXACTLY what I need to happen, somehow.
On Monday I'll be in court as the soc services have gone against a the judge's advice for a full investigation into what he called "serious accusations with no evidence". Now they've applied for a care order.
This is after getting away from my abusive ex, yet they're siding with having my two autistic sons living with him while I undergo psychological assessments for once suffering from PTSD. I've not suffered for years!
Yet, somehow, they're siding with him whilst he's undergoing police investigations.
You could obtain contact details for the safeguarding and quality assurance team from the council website.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:53 am

Dear Boggletlh

I am sorry to hear that your situation has not improved.

Can I suggest you work very closely with your solicitor in advance of Monday's court hearing, so they can provide you with the best legal advice and you can plan the best way forward together.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser today, can I suggest you phone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. Whilst it is a busy service, please try to persevere and with luck you will get to speak to someone at some point today.

In the meantime, you could refer to our care proceedings advice sheet on our website.

Best Wishes

Suzie