THE LADO- for complaints against carer

Post Reply
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:00 pm

THE LADO- for complaints against carer

Post by whatnow » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:18 pm

local designated officer- they deal with complaints about foster carers.
Last edited by whatnow on Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2153
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Complaining to local authority designated officer (LADO)

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:13 pm

Dear Whatnow,

I am sorry to hear that no one seems to be dealing with the allegations made by your children. I am not sure why this is. A local designated officer deals with complaints against people who work with children. You could forward your solicitors letter to them. However, there are other ways of asking for the allegations to be investigated.

Your worry is that your children might be suffering injuries whilst in the care of foster carers.
These are potentially child protection concerns-so should be dealt with urgently by the children services or the police.
Has any investigation taken place? Have the foster carers been interviewed by children services.
Have your children been spoken to away from the foster carer?

You could do the following:
• Contact the
Independent reviewing officer ? It is the Independent Reviewing Officer’s job to keep an eye on your children’s care plan including the placement. Let him/her know your worries. They will then look into your concerns.
• Ask your solicitor to chase the legal department?
• Or telephone childrens services complaints and set out your worries and forward a copy of the solicitor’s letter to them.

I hope you can get your children’s allegations investigated as soon as possible.

Best wishes,


Post Reply