It All Seems Strange

blogger10

It All Seems Strange

Post by blogger10 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:23 pm

Hi All,

I'm a first time poster and not really sure how to put this across, but i will try.

4 weeks ago my partner left our home with our 3 children, on the morning all seemed well and i told her i loved her and she said it back as i was leaving the house, no problems.

It wasn't until i returned home that a neighbour told me they had left, my partner told a neighbour that she was going to her mothers who works at a private school and lives in a one bedroom flat within the school grounds.

She didn't make contact with me to let me know the kids are ok, she sent a text message to my fathers wife and she has allowed them to visit twice, but i've not heard anything just second hand information from my father.

A neighbour reported to me that a social worker was present when they left, although she hadn't identified herself as a social worker and her mother was present, it would seem this had been planned between the two of them, my partner had picked the children up at the usual hometime and had not said anything to anyone in the school.

A few days later in the post was her bank statement, she had claimed a overpayment of child tax credits and withdrawn it and i have received a letter from HMRC regarding the overpayment.

It would seem though that my partner has found herself in a secure accommodation unit, since their departure and to the present, i've not received a visit from social services or anyone regarding this, i have visited social services myself and they have told me that they don't really know anything, there is a case file, but the manager in the department has basically told me to take my partner to court.

The things that seem strange to me is when my partner left, is she took clothes of mine with her and material items that don't hold any value, i'm also still receiving magazines and comic books through the post to the children.

i have engaged a solicitor and they are guiding me through everything, but i don't really want this to go to court, i'm happy to resolve everything without the courts.

Thanks for listening.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: It All Seems Strange

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu May 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the delaying in replying to you.

I'm glad you have been able to engage a solicitor and are committed to resolving everything without going to court. It is a much less stressful route if both parties are committed to it.

You say you haven’t had any contact from Children's Services, the new name for social services, and you haven’t asked any questions about their involvement. If you’d like some advice about Children’s Services please do ask a question and I or one of the other users will help.

Best wishes

Suzie

blogger10

Re: It All Seems Strange

Post by blogger10 » Fri May 09, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks Suzie,

the plot thickens, my ex partner have been moved to a new accommodation unit, I'm committed to not going to court, but my ex partner seems hell bent on wanting to go to court under a veil of protest she keeps giving.

it would seem 6 weeks on from the incident child services didn't move them, she left at her own free will and went to stay with her mother in a one bedroom flat at her workplace and she seems to have made herself homeless.

my father has visited the children and my ex partner keeps saying she wants me to see the children to my father, but isn't willing to do anything about it.

she seems to be sitting back and not doing anything to better her situation.

it would seem child services in my city have a file on her, but that's all we can find out.

we have found out that her mother is heavily involved in this in some way or the other.

i don't have many questions about child services at the moment, they don't seem to be bothering with my ex partner at the moment, from my father visiting it would seem my daughter is asking for me all the time.