Broken a safeguarding Agreement.

wizardiva

Broken a safeguarding Agreement.

Post by wizardiva » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:03 pm

Just thought i'd ask for some advice.

I have signed an agreement saying my husband will not be left unsupervised with my children due to an allegation of abuse towards another child an incident that happened 2 years ago, which he denied and police have closed the case. I am heavily pregnant, due in a couple of weeks and only just allocated my new social worker a few days ago. Now I am facing the dilemma of having errands being run for me such as taking my kids to school. In the situation that the social workers are aware of my dilemma and unable to provide a solution, I decided to send my daughter to school with my husband as I have pushed my self to the utmost limit and now suffering from severe abdominal and back pains along with leg cramps. In a usual circumstance I do 99% of the chores around the house and kids, and he works long hours, and he is there as my plan B option in a case where I might be ill etc Apparantly we have to wait for risk assessments to be done on my husband (which could take unto 6 months to complete) before they are able to alter the safeguarding agreement.

I couldn't get my head around whether my childs education was more important than an element of risk posed to her due to an allegation, even though my child has been interviewed and assessed and they have shown to be healthy and happy in every aspect. So I decided to send them and I have a good relationship with my children, so they talk to me etc I am able to know how their journey to school went. The issue of grooming is I know 100% not an issue as due to cultural reasons we teach our kids about covering body and nobody allowed to touch them in private parts etc and because of good communication I am made aware of any time somebody does touch them (e.g. grandma pinched my bum etc). My initial assessment and core assessment were very positive and highlighted aspects of myself already being a protective mother. This is something my previous social had also said that most parents are not protective of their children and hence the reason why my kids were put on child in need plan. I had already raised issues regarding the safeguarding agreement as it didn't make sense how someone can be 100% of the time supervising especially when they still live in the same house, but she reassured me and said the point is that I step up as the main protective factor and that the agreement would only be taken to court if something were to happen to the kids.

So now with a breached agreement and new social worker already having told me that she's not sure if there is anything they can provide immediately and still without a solution or a verbal acknowledgement that what i'm doing is right or wrong, where am I standing from a legal point of view? My children are fine, and i'm expecting the new social workers first visit next week. I don't want this to escalate to court proceedings and my core assessment mentions that '[My name] does not think she can follow the agreement at all times…hence more facility needs to be provided to her to make sure she can safeguard her children in the future'.

Has anyone else has similar experiences. Please share.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Broken a safeguarding Agreement.

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:16 pm

Hi Wizardiva,

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time. I am writing a response to you but because of the sensitive nature of what you are asking I'm going to reply to you by PM rather than here on the boards. I'll post it this afternoon so please keep checking.

Best wishes

Suzie

wizardiva

Post by wizardiva » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:09 am

Just wanted to let people know, that i've been given the thumbs up for looking out for my daughter while she is being taken to school by her dad, until the SS can sort an alternative out :D

No thanks to all the solicitors and people scaring the life out off me telling me of the huge possibility my children will be taken into care!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:13 pm

That's fantastic.