Help with child protection and grandparent rights

jazzmine

Help with child protection and grandparent rights

Post by jazzmine » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:27 pm

Hi we are currently involved in a child protection case concerning our granddaughter. We are recently involved with the family as hubby was estranged from his daughter as she didn't want anything to do with him despite his efforts to get in touch over the years.. My husbands daughter (my step-daughter) passed away in Sept and left a 2yr old behind. Her long term partner and baby's dad has learning difficulties and is currently being assessed to determine his capability to parent her. They previously had 3 children removed due to neglect and adopted out, we were not involved in that case. The baby has been on the CP register since birth, they were assessed as being able to parent the baby just about as a couple which is why the concern now. We have our names put forward as possible family foster carers for her and have passed our initial viability assessment. We do not know if there are any other options open to us or even what our rights as grandparents are. Any help with this would be gratefully appreciated

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Help with child protection and grandparent rights

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:57 am

Hi Jazzmine,

I answered your post at the later thread of "this is urgent please help" started on Tuesday 12th November.
Best wishes,
Suzie