im one very worried nan

charlie

im one very worried nan

Post by charlie » Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Hi my son and his girlfriend split up last year they have a 3year old daughter together, a month after his ex throwing him out she had her new boyfriend move in, in april the police went to her flat and arrested him for having a indecent photo of a 8 year old on his phone, my granddaughter was woken up at 12oclock at night so the police could search her room for any evidence, he was bailed and had to move back to his mums house, my granddaughters mum has stood by him spent money to go see him when she should of been paying her rent areas off, social services are involved but not helping much, the mother told everyone she has ended her relationship with her partner becouse she chose her kids and didnt want to lose them becouse of him, (she is having his baby), she has lied she is still with him he has been to the flat and he is not meant to go near it, we spoke to the social worker after finding this out and told her we dont want my granddaughter to go back to her mum we dont feel its safe for her there, the social worker said my son has right as he is her father to keep her for a while longer, he has dune this and now his ex is taking him to court on wednesday 14th august, and that happens to be his daughters birthday , its so unfair that my granddaughter has to spend her birthday in a court room, please help me and my son keep my granddaughter safe from all this . well court is over the judge has said my granddaughter can stay with her mum during the week and us weekends, and she can only contact her boyfriend when my granddaughter is asleep or with us , this is so wrong , how can she be safe if her mother is still in a relationship with him ,

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: im one very worried nan

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:33 pm

Hi Charlie

Welcome to the Parent’s Board.

If I understand you correctly, your son and the mother of his child are currently in private law proceedings, and the matter was in court again yesterday.

Has the judge granted a shared residence order to the parents, and asked for Children’s Services or Cafcass to complete a section 7 or 37 welfare report? This would allow the court to be updated about your grandaughter’s situation ie health, development, contact with different family members- and may be asked for along with a section 47 child protection
investigation?

If so, they will probably want to interview both your son and his ex girlfriend and observe your granddaughter in the presence of her parents as part of this assessment. I suggest your son fully engages with the report.

Whilst the police investigation is taking place with regards to the allegation about the mother’s new partner, he has been asked to reside with his mother. He will have been given a date to return to the police station as part of his bail conditions.

Without knowing exactly what is in this document it will be difficult to know if he is or is not keeping to the agreement. Is there a joint investigation between police and Children’s Services? If so, it is likely that she has been asked to enter into a written agreement about the type of contact that is allowed between your granddaughter and her new partner.

You have said that your son’s ex partner is pregnant with his unborn child. Therefore, at some point Children’s Services will conduct a pre birth assessment to see what level of risk there may be. Some of this will depend on the outcome of the enquiries that are taking place at this time.

If your son has a solictor, as part of the current court process, I suggest he speaks to them about any further concerns he may have about his child. Otherwise, he could get legal advice from the Children's Legal Centre on 08088 020 008.

If you wish to speak to an adviser about your son’s situation in more detail, please contact our advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 am to 03.00 pm.
Best Wishes

Suzie