meeting minutes

fuzzy68blue

meeting minutes

Postby fuzzy68blue » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:16 pm

hi all new here me and my partner went to a cpc meeting in the end of may where kids were put on a protection plan . now we are due for next one but still havent had the minutes from first one to go through ,but i have read that they are supposed to get them to you in 10 working days also havent had any minutes from core meeting witch ive read i should have within 3 working days when i mentioned this to social worker there reply was it was not important surly i need these to highlight what we arent happy with .

blueplain

Re: meeting minutes

Postby blueplain » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:53 pm

You need to get in contact with you local council and complain as soon as you can. These minuites have your targets on and as such you do not have a record of what exactly is expected of you which is not fair. I got all mine after I complained.

This might be usefull to you

http://www.frg.org.uk/images/Advice_She ... laints.pdf

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 am

Hi Fuzzy68blue

Welcome to the parent's board.

Under working together guidance, and the pan London child protection procedures a copy of the child protection plan, and minutes should be circulated to all attendees within a reasonable timescale.

Bluepain is write to suggest that should you receive the reports shortly after the meeting so that you (and the agencies working with you), can be clear what is expected. In this way, then have the opportunity to address the concerns and demonstrate how far you have been able to meet your children's needs, (with family support) and be willing to engage with professionals.

However, due to the delays that you have experienced, in receivng the key information, you could find yourself at a disadvantage (for the reasons stated), and there is less chance of the child protection plan being ended because of the poor practice you have received.

I would certainly consider putting your concerns in writing to the social worker and team manager. You may want to ask for a meeting in order to discuss a way forward. If after this time, you still feel that you are not being listened to or not being taken seriously, I would strongly advise you to make a formal complaint about the way you have been treated.

Best Wishes

Suzie

Basil

Postby Basil » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:37 pm

This is the same thing that happened to me, I got the report evening before cpc review, and lac reviews I get given at the next meeting, and when I ask sw I get told Im only complaining cause I dont like my child in foster care, and keep complaining you will loose your other children.

Cloggy2

Postby Cloggy2 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Since we adopted and fell under the LA, we have been going through this for over 5 years. We did not receive the minutes from 2010. Last July was false allegations from the old school. We received the assessment 6 weeks ago. Yet SS say that the envelope delivered was from the current occasion.
They get it wrong and we all suffer!
Write to them asking for the information they have under the period that you need. Offer to pay postage. Be polite. They have 40 days to do so. If you have no luck, go through http://ico.org.uk/. You will get it then!

Cloggy2

Postby Cloggy2 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:39 pm

PS. We know nothing of their concerns. I also work away from home until house sells. Although too late now. So it is hard for me.

Redjellybeans

Postby Redjellybeans » Sun Apr 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Not at all unusual, still waiting for minutes from our core group in February. Funny how their failings aren't shown when we go to,conference, like 40 minutes late for visit, no meeting minutes from core groups, cp minutes 2 months after cp conference. Mine are all listed though, unsuccessful visit, unsuccessful visit in the chronology of events! Surprisingly children's services I have a life too and like to spend time with my kids!

Return to “Getting your voice heard”