where can i turn for help

mandyleelee

where can i turn for help

Post by mandyleelee » Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:01 pm

social services took my 4 yr old yesterday saying he was neglected because my 14yr old is uncontrolable and the attention i have to give him means i neglect my baby despite me constantly asking them to help with my older boy they dont seem interested in helping what do i do i feel helpless

endofmytether

Re: where can i turn for help

Post by endofmytether » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi they wont help you I have asked them for help because I of my eldest behavior(13yrs old) I rang them for help and they blatantly turned round and said I did not ring them they never helped at all don't trust ss

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: where can i turn for help

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Dear Mandy

My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at Family Rights Group. I'm sorry it's taken a little while for me to respond to your post.

I am so sorry to hear about the distressing situation that you are in.

It is difficult to advise you fully without some more information about your situation.

You say that Children’s Services (Social Services) have removed your 4year old on the basis of alleged neglect.

Has your child been removed under section 20 of the Children Act Mandy? This would mean s/he has been removed with your consent. Or have care proceedings have been issued? Have any orders (such as an interim care order or emergency protection order) been made by the court?

Where is your 4 year old placed at the moment? If s/he is with strangers, is there anyone within your family/ friends network who could care for him/ her as a temporary measure?

I wonder if you have a solicitor at the moment? I would certainly advise that you seek some legal advice. You can search for a children’s law solicitor on the law society website. I would advise that you look for a solicitor who is on the “children’s law panel”

Please do come back to us with more information if you would like Mandy. In the meantime, I would advise that you look at the interactive information and advice section of our website or call our free and confidential advice line (0808 8010366) from 10am- 3.00pm, Monday- Friday.

I hope this is a helpful start.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser