Is Their Any Justice In This Country ?

purdie

Is Their Any Justice In This Country ?

Post by purdie » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:40 pm

The Children and Families Bill, is being reviewed in Parliment at the moment and you can get it, by going on the parliment web site and requesting Email's sent to you, I have been reading it and it dose not seem to mention any Family's, it mention's Social Service's alot but from what I can see not enough about how they treat Family and Parent's, off the looked after children,when I tried to leave a message the web site had closed on the 27 Febuary ,what I would like to know is if it is not advertised then how can wrongly treated parent's have their say about the dreafull staff employed by the local council, and if your council has been named and shamed by the PM as failing then why do the MP's not address the dreadfull going's on within the social services.
In this country the goverment takes no responcerbility for anyone failing in the care system we have to have a disaster before they sit up and listen and sack someone.
Most of the proberlems caused in this country and any agency is human error,and complaint system's failing or run by people who just sit their sighing while tapping away on thier computers or worse talking to other people in the room.
So far I must off writen to 50 people who hold a position of power to turn the care system around,but they are all to busy and it is not in their remit.
We need an independent person to be able to stand up for the people who feel bullied and put down by the dreadfull staff that call themselves social workers, and someone to sort out the bullieing that goes on within the department and goes right up to management what about the parent's wrongly accused who helps them ?
I have even writen and phoned the fellow who is serving on the children and families panel , but he can't be bothered to return my call's or respond to my lovely letter.
It dose not suprise me that a lot of social workers, go on long term sick leave the stress of all that lieing and bullieing has to take its toll on the mind.
People from all walks of life coming because they may need a little support when their is no support at home punished like a criminal and labled as a failing parent.
I would love to be able to address the Children and Familys Panel, and show them the dreadfull failing in my brough and then say where dose it say in the law or even in the children's act,that people who are in a possition of help can treat another human being so shockinly.
If I was not true then how come I have been offered 500 pounds by the social services to drop my complaint and all 3 independent panel members were disscusted at the way I had been treated by managers and staff in social services.
The nightmare still goes on and on and on.
I would love to know when is this country going to take on board thet the Social Services need an overhaul , renaming, and all the bad Social worker's along with their managers sacked,a service is only as good as the management and my own MP is even scared to take the social services on in my area she has over 200 complaint's sat on her desk but cant do a thing to help us.

braveheart

Re: Is Their Any Justice In This Country ?

Post by braveheart » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:54 pm

All I can say is I totally agree with you.... I don't want to go into a big discussion as I am so emotionally drained of the heartache and suffering that myself and 5 children went through for the past 4 years........but all I can say is that I read the information on the FRG website about the Governments new bill about the adoptions... and all I can say is that this has been going on already for years and now this is just something they are using to cover up all the adoptions they have made over the years and make it legal, without considering family and friends as possible carers, or even the fact that they just decide not to bother and the social services just decide for themselves... I say this because this happened to me and my children. My youngest 2 sons have now been adopted for nearly 2 years this December but I have not seen them physically for nearly 3 years, and my other 3 children are in long term foster care... The fact is that I begged the courts and the social services for my father and step mother to have my children and they said that they were too old and the boys (my youngest two) had no time to see if the placement was right for them that they had to be settled quickly into a stable family!!!! Stable family? What was wrong with my parents? Absolutely nothing, because the social services were all in favour of my parents having long term care of my other 3 children, but not suitable for my youngest 2 what a dirty government we have thats all I can say. All this new bill that the government are bringing in is all about PROFIT and I repeat PROFIT because every child that is adopted the government, the courts, the solicitors and local authorities all get a big payment cut out of every child that is adopted just alone in my borough Lewisham in 2009 the local authority made a total of £605,000 in bonus money for hitting their adoption targets for that year. What is this world coming too when children can legally be sold to other people in this world when there are loving family and friends out there that are willing to look after a child/children just so they can remain within their families and not be sent off to strangers who they have to grow up calling mummy and daddy. I;m sorry but it totally disgusts me, because it is not just the parents who suffer but the children suffer too and any siblingns that are left behind who are not allowed to see their adoptive siblings all because they still have contact with their parents.... so in a way it makes me feel guilty towards my other 3 children, because they still have contact with me they cannot physically see their other 2 brothers only write to them and if i was to stop seeing them then my other 3 children could see them all because to protect the confidentiality of the adopters....... it doesn't matter where you end up it will always be like your living in a prison made by the government and their rules. You will never have freedom of family life and respect all the while your children are involved within the care system. :cry:

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:50 am

dear purdie,I would just like to comment on this adoption business by saying that I believe that social workers prefer children to be in long term foster care, this is why they only seek placement orders for the younger ones who are easier to get adopted. More money is made from children placed in foster homes. Lots of money goes to FOSTERING AGENCIES ( funnily enough ,these appear to be owned and run by social workers,ex-social workers and their ilk). Also ,of course,money goes to Children's Services for each child they are ( theoretically) care for.
One wonders is if this is the reason why they appear to make it very,very difficult for people to become adoptive parents whilst being much less choosy when selecting fosterers?

pigletsfriend

Post by pigletsfriend » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:06 am

i have to agree with this this is realy not right as any one on here rote to london about the mater? i wonder who you could right to even tho i can not spell i think it may be my next steop i just had lunch on suday iwth a mp if i had been on here whe i did i could have brought it up in coverstation and my daugher could have joined in as then he would have heard some thing form a child!!! i may get the chance to talk with them again as they come to are church!!!!! i could now even right to him to i no he is local but surely he can take my leter to the right person inparliment afeter the elections!

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:06 pm

dear piglet's friend,yes ,yes, yes many many people have written to London about it including the Family Rights Group, any number of lawyers and human rights campaigners including a Times journalist Ms Cavendish who initiated a newspaper campaign.Their is also an ongoing online campaign by a Midland's MP called Hemming who has analysed the situation thoroughly and made legal representations but all these efforts have achieved little to stop the injustices. As far as the legal campaign by MR .Hemming stands ,I believe he has made an application to the United Nations as the European Court of Human Rights (I believe) do not have the power to help.
May I suggest you look at the Ian Hemming website and blog.
I am so glad to read your mails because it is clear that you are not to be fooled by the CS and you are willing to do something about it.

Riddell

Post by Riddell » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:12 pm

I totaly agree as to all that you say. My wife and I are totaly gobsmacked at the way we as a couple have been Judged by Social Services on an accusation ( with no truth or proof ) have condemed us both yet no charges have been brought against us. As investigations continue there has been no support for the Family Accused and have become VICTIMS themselves. I have tried every avenue to get my wife support, and all we get is, we have to consider the welfare of the child. Yet the child is running rings around them at 15 years old Social Services are so fearful of getting it wrong yet again. As soon as you challenge them as to our rights their answer is you have NO Right and then another case worker takes over becouse you have challenged there decision, and the ball starts rolling all over again. Its just crazy Question :- What right do we have and were do we get this infomation from. Our delema is How do we go about getting any say in the wefare of a child with learning difficulties of a European background and the childs second language is English and at 16, reading an wrighting Level 2 English ?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed May 01, 2013 11:27 am

Hi Riddell

Welcome to the discussion boards.

My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at Family Rights Group I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties you are having in your dealings with Children's Services.

I'm not clear from your post whether the child you are talking about lives with you or if they are accomodated with a parents consent or in care via a court order?

If the child is in care, our advice sheet about the duties of Children's Services when a child is in the care system will hopefully help in terms of clarifying the process Children's Services should be following as well as the rights of the child's parent/s.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Mon May 13, 2013 11:22 am

Dear Riddell and others,
I understand why you were gobsmacked.

So often we read messages from parents on these boards who are quite clearly flabbergasted by what is happening or has happened to their families and so often are we shocked and repulsed by the way social workers treat people. So often are we lied to and told by those who should know better (such as lawyers and other establishment figures) that the Child Protection System (i.e. Children’s Services and the Family Procedures Court including the Children’s Legal Panel and CAFFCASS) know best and act solely in a child’s best interests. You should read all the messages on this forum to let you know what happens so you will understand it in advance when it happens to you. There is nothing worse than sitting in a courtroom, not knowing how or what to protest about whilst becoming victim to the most appalling injustice.

pigletsfriend

Post by pigletsfriend » Mon May 13, 2013 3:21 pm

i have now got as far as the ombersman on the complaints agaist the orthoritys i also no in my daughers own rights she as a solistor all we want is to be belived then we can deal with the way socilal services and the police delt with all my happens i am not stoping even tho we are all fine now it as a emotional inpacet when the kids get older they do not forget less they block it my younger one as by the older one as not and it afects her she just wants to be belviced and did not need to go in to care we just wanted to stop the ex doing bad stuff to us all and i will contine to fight this injustice on good parents that want the best for there children and what is right. i wonder if it is to much to ask if my own daugher now nearl 14 should right to them from the childs point of view! what do you think if i ask her and tell her to put in it like a story how she rembers it now how we see it!!! is she to young or do you think she is ready she is ready to see a solistor and she talks about it and taking it fw why not ask her if she want to help other kids out in the same boat!

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu May 16, 2013 3:38 pm

dear pigletsfriend, If you ask the FRG or the Citizen's Advice Bureau there is a Children's Legal Centre who can organise and advice your daughter about taking legal action against the Local Authority for failing in their 'duty of care'. If and when we get our children back, I'm going to contact them.