Is it a criminal offence to falsify a Section 47?

rolfi

Is it a criminal offence to falsify a Section 47?

Post by rolfi » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:34 am

Hello All

I have made a complaint about the conduct of Children's Services. In the course of the investigation it has become apparent that a Core Assessment has had entries added after its completion date.

This is clearly fraudulent but is it a criminal offence to falsify a social worker's report?

All input and advice will be gratefully received.

RW

ange301126

Re: Is it a criminal offence to falsify a Section 47?

Post by ange301126 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:21 am

dear rolfi,I would have thought it is an offence to falsify a core assessment without a doubt. Whether it is a criminal offence or not I don't know and I don't know whether or not a core assessment can be altered after it's completion date.
I can say that core assessments often contain false information and that it was the reason why I once made an official complaint to the Police that the social workers were criminally responsible.

It is the job of the Police to investigate allegations of criminal activities as we all know. However allegations against Local Authority Children's Services are not given a high priority at all particularly when made by an ordinary parent (with an axe to grind) following Children's Act proceedings.The Police just ignored me and eventually months later when I tried to insist ,they told me I had to come up with explicit proof myself before they could act.They advised me to make a complaint through the Local Authority Complaints procedure.

You say you have already complained.Was this through the L.A. COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE .If it was you might be able to get the Police to investigate if you get the help of a good solicitor or someone else who the Police will listen to. It is unlikely your voice will be heard otherwise!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:40 pm

Hi Rolfi

Welcome to the discussion board.

Was the core assessment changed by the social worker after you had received the final copy, without your knowledge or could it have been sent to the team manager, for sign off (as is usual procedure) possibly before making their own changes to the report? In this event, you are fully entitled to ask for the amended report to be sent to you.

I ask this question, because there is a difference between an oversight (where a worker genuinely forgot to send a final version of a report you are entitled to have), and a professional deliberately going out of their way to conceal this information from you.

Best Wishes

Suzie

rolfi

Post by rolfi » Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:51 pm

Hello Suzie

The Core Assessment was completed on 25 October 2011. I only became aware of it in January 2013 through the council's complaints process. I requested a copy. I had earlier, June 2012 asked for all assessments on my son. I received four; from 2009, 2010 and August 2011.

Although the document is dated 25 October 2011 it includes references to supervised contact sessions that cannot date from earlier than 25 November; they didn't begin until 22 November. It also cites incidents that other reports state happened on 31 October 2011 and 7 January 2012.

I believe the report was rewritten for the benefit of the Independent Investigator.

Regards

RW

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:04 am

Hi Rolfi

Thanks for the update.

It sounds like you have answered your own question, and that you clearly have grounds for making a formal complaint.

All the best.

Suzie

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:15 am

dear rolfi, please keep us updated about what appears to be a false core assessment.
You seem to be well on top of this and I hope your solicitor uses the facts you have uncovered for your benefit.
If you have read many posts on here you will see that many people complain of assessments which contain 'lies,distortions,wrong information' etc. In my case our key social worker produced one assessment at a time when the rest of the staff told me she was away on holiday and unavailable. I am of the belief that some of the younger so-called key workers don't actually do assessments themselves but sign them only, merely acting on instructions from behind-the - scenes team managers who are themselves acting on advice from lawyers.As these people never actually see you or your children they obtain information from computer records which are themselves fragmented,wrongly kept and compiled in a way which systematically ignores any positives for you whilst not missing any negatives.Social workers are supposed to hold meetings and so on and you are supposed to be able to put disagreements etc.You are supposed to be fully involved in the core assessment procedures.Often none of the meetings are even held and you are not consulted at all!

As confirmation,there was a report of a serious case review in the news last week.Children's Services in a large Greater Manchester city were slammed by the examining board which revealed a series of errors by the authorities. A string of recommendations were made and the miscreants were urged to PROPERLY FOLLOW ALL GUIDELINES AND NOT TO SAVE TIME BY DITCHING KEY MEETINGS.The Director of Children's Services admitted to the fact that the Department's work with the family fell well below the high standard required.

These failings appear to be widespread throughout the country and I hope you get your case reviewed after a complaint.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:54 am

dear rolfi,I hope you find my advice interesting .It comes from a person who has received similar treatment.As suzie remarks,there is a difference between oversights and deliberate actions designed to conceal information ( and to pervert the course of justice).
I suggest an acid test to tell you the difference.
When you sit down with a social worker and make your complaint,when you explain it fully to him and her and when you show her the proof and all the dates, if he or she shuts up like a clam and erects a wall of silence,refusing to make any comment criticising the report or those who made the entries and says she cannot say anything before consulting the department's solicitors then the entries were probably deliberately dishonest. If the social worker accepts your complaint and makes immediate efforts to own up and get it changed, the entries were probably a genuine mistake.
Likewise,if ,when you have sat down with your own solicitor and he or she does nothing for you possibly telling you these things happen and that it will not have any effect on the outcome of the case you should also question the solicitor. A good solicitor should report this sort of thing to the judge immediately not make out -of-court arrangements with your opponents.

rolfi

Post by rolfi » Thu Mar 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Thanks to all for the replies.
I'll give a fuller respose when I've more time. The fraudulent Core Assessmet was written as evidence for the complaints investigator to counter a allegation of bias. That it was done makes it impossible for me to accept the Stage II response and the complaint is progressing to Stage III. The local authority are stalling; key staff are "unavailable".

More to follow.

RW

rolfi

Post by rolfi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:07 pm

The story so far...

The council has explained to a review panel that its normal to add to an assessment after its completion date. They haven't bothered to explain how a document that was authorised in August 2012 and only provided to me in January 2013 was offered as evidence in a complaint dating from June 2012.

frustrated mum

Post by frustrated mum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:14 pm

how long after the cp meeting did you get the minutes of the meeting. I had mine a month ago and heard nothing, I also want the reports changing as the info on them is wrong. social services have dragged their feet over it. I have had to go to my local health authority to get changes made. It all so unfair, thought these people were meant to work with you not against you.