How do i get my kids back?

Kristie136

How do i get my kids back?

Post by Kristie136 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Hi. my children are currently under a child protection order and have been since sept due to the actions of their father, who no longer lives with me. The children have been living with my mother since then and the social services wont let the children come home to me even though i've done nothing wrong in the first place, i have done everything they asked me to but they are listening to untruthful accusation which are being made by my mother, who wants an SGO.....

I'm feeling quite bullied and unfairly treated by the social worker who is dealing with the case. I just dont know what to do as no one is listening to me, I'm seeing an solicitor tomorrow but i feel like I'm fighting a losing battle.

Does anyone have any advice either professional or someone who has been in this situtation?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How do i get my kids back?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 am

Hello Kristie

Welcome to the discussion board and thank you for your post. My name is Suzie and I am an adviser at Family Rights Group. I’m sorry to hear about the difficult and upsetting situation you are in.

You say that your children are under a “child protection order”.

By this, do you mean that there are child protection plans in place? These plans would have been decided at a child protection conference.

Alternatively, are the children under care orders? These would have been made in court.

My advice would be quite different depending on which of the above situations you are in.

I am pleased to see that you have an appointment with a solicitor today. Hopefully the solicitor will be able to clarify things for you and give you some good advice and support.

Do come back to me if you have any further specific questions once you have spoken to the solicitor. In the meantime, it might be helpful for you to look at the interactive information and advice section of our website.

Best Wishes

Suzie
FRG Adviser