We should all get together . Too many lies and wrong removals

Cat

We should all get together . Too many lies and wrong removals

Post by Cat » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:59 am

I have thought about this for so long and been too whimpy to act on it.
Reading stories on here is making me so angry. And taking our kids is something we will never learn to live with. We carnt all be wrong !!! And it's getting alot worse. Not only do they treat us wrong and kill our confidence as people, they seem to call the shots with the other idots involved such as the guardians.
I think we should all vote our advisor be the leader on here and lead a protest if she can. Something has to be done because these social workers involved with us are wrong and get more cocky and more nasty. I'am going cos i don't know if I'll get told off for putting this on here. Surely something will at least start if we are all outside the ministry of justices office. Or anywhere else that Ruffles feathers. The laws that get broken by some professionals need to be brought to light. And taking our kids is more harmful when we haven't done anything to deserve it. Also it destroys our children. But they get removed and forgot by these power loving low lives. And us parents and other family members are left in bits.

swim

Re: We should all get together . Too many lies and wrong removals

Post by swim » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:34 am

Maybe start a crowdfunder to raise awareness (advertising funds) and start an online government petition? There wouldn't be the numbers without getting awareness. I think the two issues are 1: secrecy rules - sure there are some cases that need this, but it should be the the rare exception: "J, J & J vs never-never-land county council" wouldn't identify anyone.

2: Social workers should work under pubic, not family law. If the police could charge you for getting into a car (due to the potential of a risk of significant harm, ie a car crash) or charge you for "lacking insight" by contesting the charges that would clearly be injustice.

Runnermum16

Post by Runnermum16 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:23 pm

I have been let down, lied too and intimidated by children's services. My children now reside with their father all because they weren't willing to carry out a risk assessment due to lack of resources and funding. Although we offered to fund it ourselves...

CS seem to act on the possibility and probability of a risk without considering all the factors and/or the needs and desires of the children. Does anyone know at what age children's voices get heard?

I asked for a new social worker as myself and my current one don't seem to get along. And she has questioned me as to why I want to change.... Is this allowed?? I have spoke To 2 others which I seem to get along with better and have a greater understanding of my situation...

Here's hoping together we can stand up against these obnoxious incompetent social workers who think they are above the law.

Cat

Post by Cat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:07 pm

So sorry I've not been on I've been stuck in bed. I have 2 stay logged on cos I'll never get back on again. I'll do anything because they have genuinely destroyed my life xxx

Cat

Post by Cat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:10 pm

Hey swim a petition is the first thing defo. Good 1 xxx

Cat

Post by Cat » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:30 pm

I'am no good at all this tecno stuff and getlost. Could swim and runnermum get in touch please cc

Runnermum16

Post by Runnermum16 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:31 am

Hi cat... If we were to petition who would it be too?
The way the super police.... Oooops I mean social workers/children's services act and behave is astounding. Who would hear our cries and pleas?? Not so much for ourselves but for our children.... They need to be given a voice too...

As I understand it, children's services views are that they want to prevent harm so intervene at the soonest moment. Surely they need to start listening and supporting, even a bit of trust wouldn't go a miss.... My social worker seemed to take great pleasure in telling me that she has had kids (teenagers) in floods of tears whilst they were removing them from their mother. Surely this atitude isn't right??

Apologies for my ramble, they really do get my back up. If there is anything we can do to make a stand count me in...

Be good to see where abouts we are all from too... Same areas or totally different...

swim

Post by swim » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:48 am

At this stage we need to refine a simple, powerful change the government could make that would make a difference. I've previously suggested making family court cases published by default unless an independent Judge orders otherwise - identifiable details should be anonymised. It's important for everyone to give their own ideas though - mine might not be the most effective solution. The theory is that public scrutiny would pressure Councils and Judges alike to act responsibly, as well as the parents.

Practically speaking we'd start one here: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/check
We would need 5 people to get it started... that's the easy part.

We require 10,000 signatures to get a response from government and 100,000 to have a chance of it being debated in parliament. While we could get a fair few people on these forums to sign their names up I think we would struggle without some sort of campaign - I imagine we'd ideally want advertisements, radio interviews, day time talk show appearances etc. An independent film maker who is just starting out may be able to make a short film (fictional) about the type of issues that can arise - that might give them access to financial grants that they otherwise might not get and be a stepping stone into their career. That'd also allow them to get on radio to discuss both our petition and their own work, everyone wins.

These petitions only run for six months and typically don't make the numbers, so it'd require a determined and co-ordinated effort. It can be done if we're smart about it and put in the time. If we can find someone influential enough a few twitter posts could easily get a large chunk of the needed signatures. Maybe there are youtube influencers who will take on our cause. My point is it can be done with some creative thinking.

Now is not the right time to push forward, with brexit and extinction rebellion taking all the news, but it's a perfect time to plan.

Runnermum16

Post by Runnermum16 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:21 am

Hi swim, I don't th ink publicising family Court cases would be possible due to the nature of some cases. However I do agree that maybe some form of justification by the authorities for their actions (ie removing children due to potential risk, before processing risk assessments and such like) is a possibility.

From my experience, all the authorities want to do is cover their arses and do what is easiest. Even without having somewhere to send the children they are happier to remove them from parents and guardians due to an unproven posed risk than actually carry out relevant assessments or provide adequate guidance and support while interpreting all the actual facts. They seem to just make up what they want to hear and believe to allow the quickest and easiest solution even tho it may not be the correct one for the emotional wellbeing of the family.

I do believe that the social workers are extremely over worked and resources are pushed, but if they were to actually do their job more efficiently and honestly, and actually put an ounce of trust in people, parents, guardians, grandparents, offenders, etc... it needn't be that they are short of resources. They seem to think they are the super police and have the knowledge to assess and predict whether somebody will reofffend, cause harm and or do something worse.

Correct me if Im wrong but the police are trained in questioning offenders, and have the relevant skills and expertise in interpretation of responses and reactions. This information seems to be completely ignored when passed on to the authorities as they often see it as irrelevant. Surely if dealing with a crime with police involvement then all information (including risk assessments, case notes and sentencing reports) should all be considered during a report filed by the authorities.

I do not feel that the childrens services are qualified enough to deal with and handle many cases. I myself was handed a social worker with only 6 months experience. She admitted that my case my be beyond her expertise, yet she was still allowed to continue with my case.

If you know how to create a petition, I will do all I can to help and support you. I am disgusted in the way I have been treated along with my network of people and how they have been portrayed through supporting me through my situation.

People should be allowed to move forward with their lives, I am. Not saying that there should be no children's services, but it should be a service not a system to remove children from loving homes... And make people feel like they have failed.

swim

Post by swim » Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:30 am

Hi runnermum,

I'm sure in some cases there will be a need for secrecy, which is why I suggest an independent Judge should have that option, but even celebrities can get gagging orders - I see no reason for a blanket ban on reporting. In my case secrecy was 0% to do with child protection (only myself and my wife were referenced). My experience suggests that the secrecy of the family court is used more about covering up than anything child related. Perhaps not by the Judges or the Guardians but social services hardly have a reason to be honest if their cases are automatically protected from public scrutiny.

You're right - the police have to follow "Achieving best evidence in criminal proceedings" - social workers are free to ask leading and loaded questions and use misleading answers as evidence. If they can it's inevitable they will - that's the nash equilibrium. Getting to the truth is simply not time effective and once a social worker starts feeling the pressure something has got to give, and very few will put their job security at risk.