Foreign National

Post Reply
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:07 pm

Foreign National

Post by 22CSH19 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:56 am

Me and my daughter have been gagged by judge and my grandson is interim care. I am horrified by the lies, nefarious allegations and inacuracies that the social worker and her boss have issued in a court document without evidence or third party witnesses..He is a foreign national and I have written to the government of his birth country to try and get him extradited back home where I believe we will be dealt more fairly. My daughter waa forced to sign s section 20 under duress and now we are terrified he will be lost in the System..So scared for him and his mental well being..please can someone give us advise?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2629
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Foreign National

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:37 pm

Dear 22CSH19

Welcome to the parents’ discussion forum and thank you for your post.

You have posted on the parents’ forum but from your post it is clear that you are a grandparent. I will, however, respond to your post here. Should you need to post again, please post on the family and friends discussion forum.

It appears your grandson is currently on an interim care order which suggests that children’s services (new name for social services) have applied to the for a care order. The evidence which has been filed with the court by children’s services in support of their application, you say contain lies and inaccuracies. In these proceedings, your daughter should be legally represented and she should ensure that her solicitor is aware of the issues which are, in her opinion lies and inaccuracies. This means that the solicitor can challenge these with children’s services.

Also, at the final hearing of the care proceedings the social worker and anyone else who has provided evidence on behalf of children’s services, could be asked to give oral evidence so that they can be cross examined by your daughter’s legal representative on the issues that she believes to be incorrect.

You may find it helpful to read these advice sheets:

Family Group Conferences
Child protection procedures
Duties on Children’s Services when children are in the care system
Care (and related) proceedings

There is no information in your post about the safeguarding concerns which has led children’s services to make an application to the court. Even though your grandson was born abroad, he lives in this country and therefore, children’s services has a statutory safeguarding role for him and for all children about whom they receive a safeguarding referral.

I am not sure your son’s birth country will be able to ask for him to be extradited since, I believe, extradition relates to situations where some has committed a crime.

You mention that you and your daughter have been gagged by the judge. The situation regarding children’s cases is that they are held in private with only the parties involved. No one is allowed to disclose information which might lead to a child being identified as this would not be in the child’s interests.

Did your daughter withdraw her agreement to the s.20 accommodation because, if so, then children’s services would have no alternative but to apply to the court for an order, as they cannot accommodate a child without consent of the parent(s) or person with parental responsibility? Normally, children's services ask for a parent to agree s.20 because they wish to carry out assessments.

My suggestion would be for your daughter to try and work with children’s services and her solicitor as well as she can, making sure that she fully understand the concerns that have led to this case. Unfortunately, you did not mention in your post whether children’s services was involved with your daughter and grandson before making the decision to go to court. You mentioned interim care, which suggests that the court made an interim care order.

It will be for the court to decide where your grandson will live. Your daughter will be assessed by children’s service before any final decision is made and other family members can also be assessed as possible carer if your daughter or the child’s father (if he is involved) are not able to care.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, you can telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays)

I hope this helps

Best wishes


Post Reply