A few questions - is this normal procedure?

QuestionMark

A few questions - is this normal procedure?

Post by QuestionMark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Hi,

The good news is that I've been told I have a "very positive" assessment by the SW who assessed me. The bad news is that the SW who is in charge of my son's case has decided she's not supporting me because she thinks I'm "manipulative" - she literally said to me "you're saying you've progressed so far bu to me you're still quite a manipulative person". So, she's pushing for a SGO to my parents.

I have a few queries about this:
1) Whilst I've been told by the SW and the IRO that it's positive, my assessment still hasn't been written up and so the SW pushing the SGO is doing so without even having seen my assessment
2) Neither of my parents had been informed this is what the SW was pushing for. The SW has not came out to their house to formally assess them for the SGO nor has she asked them their views on this. My mam has since emailed the SW asking what an SGO is and the SW told her to seek legal advice.
3) I've been told by the SW pushing that SGO that "progression is about time" and that my "circumstances aren't any difference" which ultimately makes me feel like my leaving my abusive husband, having no contact with him for 17 months and completing 7 courses counts for nothing. It literally makes me feel as if I would have been better off just sitting around doing nothing for 10 years since "progression is about time" rather than putting all the effort in I have done.

Is this normal procedure?

QuestionMark

Re: A few questions - is this normal procedure?

Post by QuestionMark » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:03 pm

Additionally, the SW's manager advised I ask the IRO for a meeting to discuss their concerns so I can address them. I rang the IRO to ask for this and was told she "only agrees or disagrees with the plans". I then rang the manager to inform her of this and she seemed confused, stating that she thought this would be an option for me as an IRO is "independent" - is this normal?