Conflicted - Afraid to raise an issue with CS

QuestionMark

Conflicted - Afraid to raise an issue with CS

Post by QuestionMark » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:50 pm

Just to bring whomever reads this up to speed; I was married to an abusive man, we had a son together and my daughter from a previous relationship. My first week at work our son died (his inquest is yet to happen) and they found he had 4 healing rib fractures. I had absolutely no idea. My daughter was taken into care. They used the time frame '2 to 5 weeks' prior to his death for when they think he was hurt. Myself and my ex (i seperated from him soon after our sons funeral) were left in the pool. I know I did not hurt my late son and I also think that my ex father in law should have been left in the pool. No one was charged. I have since had another son and I am battling for his return; I have been told they have absolutely no concerns with how I parent or how I interact with my children, it's literally that I've been left in a pool. I still don't know what happened to my late son, I fear I never will. Unfortunately, I have the same SW that I had with my daughters case, I have asked for a new SW many times with no change.

In late November this year I found a report that I had never seen before - none of my daughters family had seen before. This report was dated 2nd of April and said that the time-frame for my son's injuries were "between 2 and weeks" before his death and also recommended to get a specific test done to get an even more accurate time frame. This test was not done and an inaccurate time frame (the one mentioned above) was used in court. 7 months later I find this report. My fear is that the professionals must have been aware of the most accurate timeframe to date AND that further tests had been recommended and opted not to follow through with this. I'm now dealing with the same professionals again regarding my new son; I do not want them to tamper with or withhold evidence or mislead the court again. I feel it would be right to speak to the manager of CS and raise that this has happened. I've made a list of pro's and con's;

Pro's;
It's the right thing to do
Further evidence to support my wish for a new SW
This could be happening to others
May help get answers for my son
I've already inform the detective, leader of The Freedom Programme and another SW of this report
Worried that the current SW will continue to do things like this

Con;
If I do not get a new SW and I am left with the same SW, I have no doubt she will ensure I have repercussions..

Thoughts?

QuestionMark

Re: Conflicted - Afraid to raise an issue with CS

Post by QuestionMark » Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:13 pm

Below is the email I originally sent my solicitor and the subsequent email I have just sent the manager of the SW.

"Hi *******,

For the sake of moving forward and in the right direction, would it be possible to ask for a new social worker for the entirety of ****’s case?

I know I’ve asked before with no change. However, I’d like to ask to replace **** ******* again due to the following;

On the evening of the 25th November 2018 I saw for the first time a report produced by Professor ******* on the 2nd of April 2018. I found it deeply upsetting reading that this professor had actually made a recommendation for further tests to be done in order to get a more accurate timeframe. It was also upsetting to know that the professionals involved must have known of this report that further tests were possible but did not undertake this recommendation. Additionally, a different timeframe was used within the judgement when Professor ******* clearly states “between 2 and 4 weeks”. I asked ****’s father if he has seen the report before and he told me he hadn’t.

[photographs were inserted here]

With the above in mind, can I please request a new social worker for ****’s case? It was the LA, under **** ******’s instruction, who advised the judge on timeframes etc. I feel it necessary to have a social worker involved who wants to get the answers and who does not withhold information. I also feel **** ****** may be prejudice against me as I’m aware that she calls me “manipulative” to others (I’ve been informed my mother and ****’s father). A fresh pair of eyes would be beneficial. Very serious decisions are being made about my sons future and so I feel it paramount that a new social worker oversee his care proceedings.

Kind Regards,
*******"

"Dear ******,

I am forwarding onto yourself an email I sent my solicitor on Friday the 30th of November 2018. My solicitor advised that I could complain about this but to 'air on the side of caution as ****'s proceedings are ongoing'. I do not wish to complain, I just want to make you aware that this has happened as I feel this is the right thing to do. I have previously informed social worker ****** ********* of the below and she gave helpful advice. I would still like to request that a new social worker takes over the case of my son, **** *******-********, please. I hope you can understand my concerns and my wish for a new social worker from the email I have forwarded onto yourself.

Many thanks for taking the time to read this.

Kind regards,
*******"

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:26 pm

Update: The manager got back in touch with me and advised she'll arranged to speak with her manager to see if it is possible to get me a new social worker. Fingers crossed xx

Miserylovescompany2

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:36 pm

I sincerely hope you do get a new SW - I still hope the current one is made fully accountable for their actions thus far. I know you don't want to go via the complaints or HCPC route at this time and I understand why. I will have everything crossed for you. Maybe next year will be a positive one for us both.

Misery x