Advice please!

Ore

Advice please!

Post by Ore » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:48 am

What do people understand about the label 'sex offender'?
Last edited by Ore on Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Advice please!

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:39 am

Hello

I actually guessed your diagnosis prior to reading it. I have sat here and read your story admittedly with tears streaming down my face. What you explained was an entrenched behaviour and it was your way of gaining control over your life - the lines blur somewhat and the behaviour takes control. Are you a monster? No - you are not. Your story will help others understand. It is helping me already and I've only processed some of the information you had the courage to share. I have two children with a diagnosis and I am starting the diagnostic process for myself next month. I have known this for years however being a single parent it would not have been safe for my children if I did have a formal diagnosis.

My father (deceased now) said something I will never forget "believe in your self first" he was a man of few words and most likely on the spectrum himself. In my darkest hour I think of those words.

Misery x