will social services get involved again

Valentine2018

will social services get involved again

Post by Valentine2018 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:41 pm

Hello, i had social services involved with my son until he was 6months old then they closed the case i had them involved because of my past where i was in a violent relationship and i had lost my children in that relationship over 8yrs ago now will be 9yrsthis year. but i got into a new relationship 2 yrs ago and we had a son and i done everything they wanted me to do groups and meetings and i worked well with them and they were happy with me they said it was nice that i worked with them. I have my old health visitor who i had when i had my other children and she also has said how much i have changed and how happy and settled i am now in life from years ago when i was so sad and my health visitor has said how confident i am now to. They closed the case last year when my son was was 6 mths and now ive just found out that im pregnant again with the same bloke im still with were doing brilliant and hes made me realise that not all men are the same he has made me very happy and i feel so lucky to have my son and him in my life. Does anyone know if social services will get involved again with this pregnancy? My son will be 2 yrs old next February thank you

Miserylovescompany2

Re: will social services get involved again

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:20 pm

Hello - I do not believe anyone could 100% guarantee CS would not get involved. That said, from what information you have shared regarding your past involvement. I would say I could see no valid reason why they should or would. By the sound of things you have jumped through their hoops at the beginning of your now 2yo life. Showing you could do everything asked of you. Your current situation remains a stable environment. Obviously the before mentioned is only my opinion.

If I were in your position I would speak with your current HV and seek her thoughts. If for nothing more than to give you a little reassurance.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

Valentine2018

Post by Valentine2018 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:17 pm

Thank you yeah i spoke to my health visitor and she said she couldnt say for definitely that they would get involved but she said they might want to have a chat but my health visitor has said that they dont need to get involved where all is well and shes on my side which is good. Thank you for your reply and thank u again :)

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:01 pm

Valentine2018 wrote:Hello, i had social services involved with my son until he was 6months old then they closed the case i had them involved because of my past where i was in a violent relationship and i had lost my children in that relationship over 8yrs ago now will be 9yrsthis year. but i got into a new relationship 2 yrs ago and we had a son and i done everything they wanted me to do groups and meetings and i worked well with them and they were happy with me they said it was nice that i worked with them. I have my old health visitor who i had when i had my other children and she also has said how much i have changed and how happy and settled i am now in life from years ago when i was so sad and my health visitor has said how confident i am now to. They closed the case last year when my son was was 6 mths and now ive just found out that im pregnant again with the same bloke im still with were doing brilliant and hes made me realise that not all men are the same he has made me very happy and i feel so lucky to have my son and him in my life. Does anyone know if social services will get involved again with this pregnancy? My son will be 2 yrs old next February thank you
Dear Valentine2018

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board. Thank you for posting and congratulations on your pregnancy.

You are worried that having had children’s services involved before they may become involved because of this pregnancy. You have had advice both from your health visitor and a poster on this forum which is good.

It is possible that children’s services may be informed of your current pregnancy as there may be a flag because of their previous involvement and your midwife could inform them. You could pre-empt this by informing them yourself. They worked with you in the past and you were able to keep your son in your care despite your other children being removed from your care. Your circumstances, from what you say in your post, have not changed since they closed the case relating to your son. Whilst I can understand your concern I do not think that children’s services will need to be as involved as they were with your son if they have no concerns about your relationship or your and your partner’s ability to safely parent.

You can see from our frequently asked questions here that you have already done all that would be required when you had your son.

I suggest you speak to the social worker so you can have peace of mind and enjoy your pregnancy.

Should you wish to speak to an adviser, do telephone our free confidential advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.20am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

Suzie

Mummy112

Post by Mummy112 » Wed Feb 07, 2024 5:59 pm

Hi I’ve got a 8 year old child I was 26 when had her my past wasn’t great my mother kicked me out and I got put into mother and baby units and didn’t open well I didnt know how to cope I needed constant help with my baby , I would be ignoring her :cry: when she be crying etc they put it down to neglect I knew now looking back that I didn’t do my best with my child back then :( so social took her off me on the 3rd court and now she’s with her dad and I still her every school holiday I’m wondering if I was to get pregnant again will they take this baby off me
I have had my own place for 5 years I have done a parenting course group I’ve been in this current relationship for 4 years I’m just so worried
Thank you

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:50 pm

Dear Mummy112,

Thank for your post and welcome to the parents' board.

You say you have an 8 year old child, who now lives with her father. When she was born, children's services were involved and there were court proceedings due to concerns about neglect. You now see your daughter every school holiday. Since then, you have your own place, have done a parenting course and are in a new relationship. You are worried that if you had another child, children's services may remove them.

Firstly, congratulations on all the positive steps you have taken. If a mother has had a child removed, and is expecting another baby, children's services will get in touch to start a pre-birth assessment. When doing this assessment, children’s services will take into account what has happened in the past. But they must look at the parent’s current situation. This means that just because your child was removed previously, it will not automatically happen again. Here are some tips for engaging with children's services during a pre-birth assessment. Here is some more information on pre-birth assessments and possible outcomes.

I hope you have found this helpful.

Best wishes,

Suzie.