Social Worker deliberately covering up evidence!

QuestionMark

Social Worker deliberately covering up evidence!

Post by QuestionMark » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Hi all,

The social worker that we have involved has deliberately covered up vital evidence.

I made a phone call to the police a couple of years ago on my partner at the time as he brutally abused me (choked me 3 times). I detailed this incident in a statement entered into court and told everyone involved what they needed to know to find the record of the call.

For months and months and months the social worker involved told me that there was no record of the phone call and therefore she believed I was lying and supported and enabled him and my apparent lying was used against me at court. The judge literally says he doesn’t accept that I was abused.

I had enough and I decided to go digging for the record of the phone call and I found it within minutes. I had a moment of feeling overjoyed at being able to prove that this did happen and then it came down on me like a tone of bricks that the social worker had been knowingly lying to me this entire time and covering up what she should have so easily found.

Has this happened to anyone else? What can I do about this?

SM08

Re: Social Worker deliberately covering up evidence!

Post by SM08 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:30 am

The social worker that’s assigned to my children’s case also leaves out vital information or gives false information to the court so I put a no confidence into complaints and they won’t take it any further due to court proceedings

Buzzlightyear

Post by Buzzlightyear » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:09 pm

Hey, i feel your pain my love. I've seen cover ups galore during the last 3 years. They're doing it to me and covering up the fact that my ex wife's adoptive father delivered smack to me when i was an addict in order to gain my trust. And use it for his own personal gain. TO STEAL OUR BEAUTIFUL BABIES.You are not the only good person being lied too it's happening on a massive scale. My heart goes out to you it is a conspiracy which is very well organised and thought out. If you present your evidence it may well be turned against as this has been my own experience of a system that doesn't care about the truth. Hence closed courtrooms with no reporters present. We must stick together and find a way through this terrible mess. ***
Last edited by Suzie, FRG Adviser on Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: To prevent a breach of confidentiality

nunuke

Post by nunuke » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:40 pm

Same happened to me. My child is now in interim care. Social worker in a South-East London Borough constantly giving false information in her reports to court and also manipulating with dates, facts and almost anything. I do not know what to do. Next court hearing is in mid November 2018. My solicitor and I are keep pointing out on the incorrect information in reports but not much happening in positive way. I am desperate. What to do?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:29 pm

Dear nunuke

Thank you for your post and welcome to the parents’ discussion forum.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

I see from your post that you are in court at the moment and believe the social worker is giving incorrect information in her statements and reports. If there are factual inaccuracies in the social worker's evidence to the court that is, the statements, report or other documents, then these should be pointed out and rectified. As you have a solicitor representing you if there are significant errors then she can make contact with the lawyers representing children’s services to ask for these factual inaccuracies to be changed.

You do need to understand, however, that if the social worker is expressing a professional opinion even if you disagree she does not have to change this as it is an opinion. Unfortunately, you do not say why children’s services became involved with your family so the advice I can give is based on the limited information your post.

Your child is currently on an interim care order and your next court hearing is in mid-November. Will that be the final hearing? I think your solicitor will ensure that any factual inaccuracies will be corrected. At a final hearing the social worker and others are likely to give oral evidence and can be cross examined on things in their reports or statements. Your solicitor will no doubt explain the process to you.

In the meantime, you may find it helpful to read our advice sheet Care (and related) proceedings which explains what happens during a care case.

I suggest you discuss your concerns with your solicitor who should be able to make things clearer for you.

You may also wish to speak to an adviser about your situation and, if so, do telephone our advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday.

Best wishes

Suzie

K3nny

Post by K3nny » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:05 am

Hi I'm new to FRG and agree that social workers will misrepresent the truth and distort facts to make you look bad. And they will attempt to cover up their own mistakes by any means. I've recently lodged 14 separate complaints against 1 social worker. I urge everybody to use the complaints procedures. Even though I know I probably won't win, I will at least have started a book on this person. I'm not a young guy and became a foster carer in retirement. If I am allowed to continue fostering, social workers will never walk all over me again.
K3nny

mylifestory

Post by mylifestory » Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Can i ask how you lodge a complaint against a social worker?

I have plenty to make even against the chair of a conference who is also lying and knows full well the police have made up evidence 14 times!!! Police complaint is already in.

Thank you. I am very new to this!

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:09 am

Dear mylifestory,

Welcome to the Parent’s Forum.
I am sorry to hear that there is a child protection plan in respect of your children. For advice about the child protection process look at our advice sheet and our FAQs.

How to make a complaint against the social worker.

It is very tempting to make a complaint when a social worker has made an error (or catalogue of errors) or they have made a decision you do not agree with. However, the complaint process is not always the best route.

Often going via the complaints route can muddy the water and take a long time. Not only that, if a parent makes lot of complaints against different agencies then the agency says it is not us -it is the parent’s problem. So it can water down the effectiveness of a complaint. Even if a parent has good reason to complain.
There are decisions where complaints are the best route. For example, when a decision has been made to reduce a package of support for a child; often a complaint is a good route to take.

In your situation, there is a child protection plan which is a compulsory plan (unlike child in need, which is with your agreement). If you did not cooperate with the plan or with professionals then things can escalate.

Sometimes when parents complain, the social worker may say you are not cooperating which can have a significant effect when there is a child protection plan. To avoid this accusation, can you raise your issue directly with the social worker?

You could discuss your concern with the social worker during the core group meeting or with other professionals (such as someone from the school) Is it a valid compliant in the other professionals view?

You could email the social worker and copy in the team manager and ask why they have made a decision you wish to complain about or ask why they have not done something they have said they will do.
If they do to respond to your email send a chaser email. If they still do not respond take the matter up the management scale to the service manager by email.

Here are tips to help parents to work better with social workers.
However, if you decide a complaint is in fact now the best way forward, then look at our advice sheet about Complaints advice sheet .

(If you do decide to make a complaint against the conference chair or the child protection conference process -it is a different route. See 11.1 of our child protection advice sheet).

If you want to discuss the way forward, you could advise me about why you want to complain or discuss your situation with an adviser on our confidential advice line on 0808 8010366.

Best wishes
Suzie