Help please

Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Help please

Post by CB123 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Hi I'm looking for some advice please. My children aged 10,11 and 14 live with their Father. My problem is that I live with my partner and his 12 year old son who is on a child protection order and is seen every 10 days by Social Services, my partner is being investigated by Police for an alleged incident that happened 21 years ago. Because of this social services have stopped my children coming to my home and are not allowing my partner to see them even in a place like McDonald's etc. My point is are social services allowed to do this..? No arrests have been made but still an investigation is on going due to the allegation being made on January of this year. Please can you give me some advice as this is tearing my family apart.

Posts: 98
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: Help please

Post by Kami2018 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:10 pm

My question to you is what is the allegation it has to be very serious indeed social services have a legal right to protect and children from any harm and even in the position I am in with them intotalky agree with them theybwoukd not stop contact with children and adults for no reason it has to be because of something very serious

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2652
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Help please

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:13 pm

Dear CB123,

Welcome to the Parents Board,
I can see that children services and the police are investigating your partner because someone made an allegation that he committed a crime 21 years ago. You do not say what the alleged crime is and why children’s services are worried.

Although children services assessments should be completed within 9 weeks, often the police investigation can be longer. Children services have to wait for the outcome of the police investigation which will feed into their assessment.

This can be very frustrating. But until you know whether your partner could be dangerous to children, it is important that you protect your children against him.
It does not seem that the social worker has explained what the risk is, otherwise you might want to protect your children from that possible risk.

Why don’t you ask them to put in writing;
• why they think your partner is dangerous to your children, and
• when will the assessment be completed-and can you have a copy.
• Can your partner see the children if it is supervised?

I hope this helps but if you need further advice please post again.

Best wishes,


Post Reply