Is There Any Justice In The World??

mentalslavery

Is There Any Justice In The World??

Post by mentalslavery » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:32 pm

I was separated from my son last year because I was told I have NEGLECTED him..After 4weeks they dropped the charges bcoz of lack of evidence. We arranged with the SS when to get him back but they said he has refused to come back. Since then they have started coming up with different types of allegations which are being investigated and being dropped as they can't find anything wrong I have done. The foster carers are the worst people I have ever seen, they are supposed to work with me to bring my son back home but they are doing the opposite. They are well-up and they with the SS have spoilt my son with material things of which I don’t think I will afford when he comes back home. All the things they are giving him are sending the wrong messages in his head. I have been fighting for my son to be moved to a different foster placement without success. The SS cannot take this on board and change him, all they tell me is. "he is already used to the FC".I have been fighting but I have reached a point where I starts thinking I will never see my son again. I haven't seen my son since January 2012,no contact no nothing. The whole issue is affecting me. We have gone to court three times but the solicitor I have is not good enough as he is not arguing about all the things which are going on. My son has been booked a holiday with the foster carer and I was against it but the judge said every child deserves a holiday.(what about those who can't afford for one???)The judge requested for the STATEMENT I gave when I was arrested, but the police said it's lost.(are they hiding something??)I don’t get any help or support, the SS don't even ask how I copes or how im doing, nothing!!Are the SS supposed to KEEP FAMILIES TOGETHER OR SEPARATE THEM???WHAT CAN I DO TO GET MY SON BACK??Are there any Human Rights Solicitors??
Last edited by mentalslavery on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Is There Any Justice In The World??

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:40 am

Hi Mental Slavery

Welcome to the discussion board.

Sorry to hear about the difficult situation you are having in relation to your son, as well as not feeling heard by Children’s Services in relation to the foster placement he is in at the current time.

You are right to be concerned that his racial and cultural needs are being appropriately met. Having raised issues about the fact that he was placed with carers, very different to his culture of origin, (whether or not this was proposed as a temporary measure), until a more culturally appropriate placement could be identified, that said, the Local Authority have a duty to promote all aspects of his cultural needs.

As a corporate parent, the Local Authority should ensure that as your child is looked after, he retains a positive sense of his African identity; and that his health, education, culture, language, religion, dietary, skin and haircare routines, and issues around contact with family members are addressed, as far as possible.

At the very least, the carers should be supported to ensure they are actively promoting all aspects of his cultural background and upbringing, more information can be obtained from http://www.baaf.org.uk/ourwork/bmeproject.

Furthermore, the Independent Reviewing Officer, is obliged to ensure that your son, and all connected persons should be involved, their views taken into account, and able to participate in any key decisions about his day to day care.

Have you been attending the Looked After Review meetings? This is where your son's care plan is monitored, and any future plans are put in place, as this would be the right place to put your views forward, both verbally and in writing through the parental consultation form, which should be sent to you a few days before the meeting. If necessary, the Local Authority should supply an interpreter in your first language, if it helps you to be involved in the decision making process.

It sounds as if you are keen for your son to be returned home to your care, to yourself and his younger sister? If you still have strong views that your views are not being properly considered, I suggest you raise your concerns with the social worker or Independent Reviewing Officer, (the person that chairs the meeting). They have the power to challenge any unfair practice, and take these issues to a higher level.

You can get their contact details from the social worker or team manager, and at the very least ask to speak to them, by phone or by meeting with them. Following this meeting, if you are still not satisfied with the response you are given, you could consider making a formal complaint.

Your solicitor should be able to advise you legally, what your rights are in relation to your son's situation in Local Authority care. For a human rights solicitor, you may wish to seek advice from the http://www.lawsociety.org.uk.

If you wish to discuss your situation in more detail, you can contact the advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 am to 03.30 pm.

Best Wishes

Suzie

mentalslavery

Re: Is There Any Justice In The World??

Post by mentalslavery » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks for your advice. I have tried everything but the LA and SS don't take my opinions or points on board. I have recently noticed that the SS twist everything I say and when I try to tell the truth they say I’m lying. It’s like I’m on my own. They (SS) pretend to be on my side and to understand what I’m going through when we are together but when they write their notes its completely a different story. Who should I trust??They will be against me. If I raise an issue about the Foster Carer, they tell me it will be discussed in the next meeting of which they keep quiet about the issue.I completely don't see any reason why I should be ALIVE if my son will be brought up by somebody else while I ‘am the person who carried him in my own womb for 9months and went through labor to bring him into this world.