Trying to keep my children from being in contact with a peodophile

Worried mum3

Trying to keep my children from being in contact with a peodophile

Post by Worried mum3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:08 pm

Hi hope someone can advise me..
I am seperated 2 years now and have just sorted a contact order after my ex was being really awkward..the only thing he will not agree to is the fact his brother in law is a convicted peopophile and he sees no problem takin them to his family function..i have obviously disagreed as i cant be there to look after or protect them..the court officer does not deem their father fit as he has said all along he hasnt done it an just pleaded guilty to get a lesser sentence.his sister who is martied to the peodophile and has since had a new baby is deemed fit to look after them as she completed some social services course..i dont agree to this as she has previously said she knows he didnt do it..but he waz convicted of abusing 2 girls while babysitting them...what are my rights to stop this happening..these are my childten and with alcohol and a large family function i dont see it qppropriate an dont want to put my children directly im contact with this man..my ex hss now another child whom he can take to tgese events but have myself and my children got human rights are how can i stop this happening and stop judge ruling it to happen..it makes me sick

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Trying to keep my children from being in contact with a peodophile

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:51 pm

Dear Worried mum3

Welcome to the Parents’ Discussion Board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group.

It is clear from your post that you are very concerned about allowing contact between your children and their father because of your worry they may be at risk due to his brother-in-law’s conviction as a sex offender.

If you are currently in court proceedings regarding contact the judge will consider all the concerns you express before making a decision. It would be important for you to make your worries clear to the judge and the reasons you hold your views. You say the judge does not deem their father fit in your post, not sure what you mean by this as you go on to say you do not want the judge to say that your children can attend a family function.

Why do you think everyone at the function would not be able to keep your and their children safe? How old was the brother-in-law when he committed the offences?

If there is a court order then you would have to adhere to it or could be found to be in contempt of court.

As far as their own child is concerned or other children the likelihood is that both him and his wife would have had a risk assessment and given strategies about how to ensure children are safe. Is this something you can discuss with the wife?

You could also speak to your local children’s services department about your concern to safeguard your children. The Lucy Faithfull Foundation who deals with sex offenders and their families might also be able to assist you in dealing with these issues.

This is a private law matter and I think you can be better advised by Coram Children’s Legal Centre on 0300 330 5480 as they deal with cases involving issues between individual relating to children.

Best wishes

Suzie