can you trust social services

CB123
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by CB123 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:01 pm

:oops: quite simply no you cannot trust social services The one we have visit constantly tells lies and plays my step sons parents off each other.. She is looking for any excuse to keep him on a child protection order.. There is no reason he's not at risk it's all just BS. They have stopped my partner from seeing my children who live with their Dad because apparently there is an allegation against him which was supposed to have happened 21 years.. Only I am allowed access and feel as if this is unfair especially as the Police don't have a problem nor do my kids etc..

Normal Grandad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Normal Grandad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:37 pm

No chance whatsoever. They completely wreck homes and damage everyone except the complete and obviously guilty. They protect only themselves, the same as the police won't touch them at all. This country is completely corrupt it is a disgrace. People of WWII did not get out of bed to fight for this crap.

All of my words here in another post have been ignored. Even FRG are in on it and won't dare help. *****

*****Amended by Suzie for breaching the board rules.

Normal Grandad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Normal Grandad » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:03 pm

...also from a trusted source: the social workers are on BONUS for taking our children away. this is why they are always on such a mission. ****



amended by Suzie for breach of the boards rules.

Normal Grandad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Normal Grandad » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:31 am

Perhaps admin Suzie can also spare a minute to answer where I report the corrupt social worker?

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2117
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:59 pm

Dear Normal granddad,
I am sorry that you do not consider I have dealt with your questions properly. Unfortunately, we can only give advice in relation to information that is posted and we do not see the statements and reports, so any advice we give is limited.

Have you considered getting legal advice?
A solicitor could advise you about your position. As a grandparent you are not automatically a party to the court proceedings. So this in itself limits your ability to be involved in the care proceedings and might be why you feel you are coming up against a brick wall in relation to making complaints against the social worker. To find a solicitor in your area, you could look at the Law Society- find a solicitor .

Often grandparents who are turned down to be carers for grandchildren may apply to be joined as a party to the proceedings so that they can ask the court to order a fresh assessment often by an independent social worker. I expect this is what you want. But my understanding is that you were assessed but turned down to be a short term contact supervisor-is that right? So this is unlikely to be a good enough reason for a court to join you as a party because there are other relatives who are supervising contact.

In respect of your concerns about the social worker, the parents (who have the legal parental responsibility) could consider asking for a change of social worker. They should speak to their solicitor first as it may not be helpful to their case. Here is an FAQ about this.

There is a children services complaints procedure, but while there is care proceedings, it is usual that any complaint would be resolved in the court proceedings so you may not be able to use it to complain against the social worker.
Have you considered going to your MP or local elected councillor? They can take up your complaint to a senior manager at the local authority.
You have also complained about the social worker to the police and the guardian. I cannot advise about the police investigation.
The guardian will not be able to investigate a complaint about the social worker although she can pass it on to the social workers manager to deal with. But she can put information in her court statement or discuss the issues you raise with other parties –such as the fact you were protective and reported the perpetrator to the police.
Here is information about the role of a court guardian.

The reason why your daughter’s new baby will be made subject to the care proceedings is because the risks of harm that apply to the older children (such as witnessing domestic violence) are also risks to a baby.
Have a look at the advice sheet about care proceedings which I linked in my last response to you.

Is there any other reason that you are in dispute with the social worker. Is it worth channelling all your energies into complaints when you could concentrate on letting people-like the guardian know how you are an asset to the family? All those many times you have supported your daughter.
I could be wrong, but I feel that you might get caught up in this dispute but miss what is actually happening-the future plans for your grandchildren and how you could be involved.
It is hard for me to get a handle on what's happening so you should call the advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line has the advantage of you being able to discuss what’s happening in depth and we can hopefully look at the options you have.

Best wishes,

Suzie

Normal Grandad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Normal Grandad » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:32 pm

Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote:Dear Normal granddad,
I am sorry that you do not consider I have dealt with your questions properly. Unfortunately, we can only give advice in relation to information that is posted and we do not see the statements and reports, so any advice we give is limited.
Dear Suzie,
That is ok thank you. I now no longer feel that you have done less than your best. It is very good of you to do your upmost here, and especially in my case amongst someone else's thread. It is a shame that you can not know all of the details, perhaps you could spot a pattern in my local authority, as for sure we have bumped in to others who had the same SW and were also mistreated beyond reason.
Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote:Have you considered getting legal advice?
A solicitor could advise you about your position. As a grandparent you are not automatically a party to the court proceedings. So this in itself limits your ability to be involved in the care proceedings and might be why you feel you are coming up against a brick wall in relation to making complaints against the social worker. To find a solicitor in your area, you could look at the Law Society- find a solicitor .
I did contact a solicitor yes. After the 2nd attempt they called asking what was urgent, I explained and they wouldn't help, claiming to be too busy for the next 6 weeks. I asked if they could help in 2 months time, they said um no sorry. I asked if they could help in 1 year, they didn't manage to conjour up a no for this. I told them they had better get back to work then. I find that help is only available for the rich, then they are happy to take money. I shall earn this money, a lot more than the useless 9k legal aid that pays for admin only.

I don't see why I am treated opposite to the father's mother. We are both equal, yet she has been given 24/7 access to the grandchildren, and I have been rejected due to her malicious mental-health son. Why they take his word? Because it suits them to apply for their grants for 2019 to fund their repeat county court fees. Plus of course to get that bonus for each child. Dirty tactics.
Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote: Often grandparents who are turned down to be carers for grandchildren may apply to be joined as a party to the proceedings so that they can ask the court to order a fresh assessment often by an independent social worker. I expect this is what you want. But my understanding is that you were assessed but turned down to be a short term contact supervisor-is that right? So this is unlikely to be a good enough reason for a court to join you as a party because there are other relatives who are supervising contact.
I simply asked to supervise my daughter as a designated driver who has decades of experience on UK roads. Unlike the foreign taxi drivers who are knocking off car mirrors because they are used to driving on the right side of the road. The taxi industry here has new drivers every month, they learn the knowledge on Google maps. They know nothing of the hills and gradients. They are a danger each time. The children would be far safer being driven by an experienced family member.

Yes I want an independent assessment. However, the SW is now promoted and the new SW won't make a move without saying "I will have to run that by *** first". That alone is wrong.

My daughter has been so stressed by this that she has now given birth premeturely. She is already now in a place with other abused mothers and children, and fully protected and seperated from the new partner who was recently arrested for physically harming her and another. He is ordered to stay away from all involved and the hospital. However, the SW is putting in an emergency county court application to again take away the child. It is complete bogus. My daughter has done everything humanly possible. The SW *needs* investigating but there is nobody that will show any interest in persuing this.
Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote:In respect of your concerns about the social worker, the parents (who have the legal parental responsibility) could consider asking for a change of social worker. They should speak to their solicitor first as it may not be helpful to their case. Here is an FAQ about this.
The ongoing court proceedings are complicating this yes. But I feel that the system is bent and wonder if better to prevent the powers that be from further abusing their power, or if like now I should make a futile appeal against any further wrong-doing by them. The entire situation feels hopless without 100k legal aid for an army of lawyers. I am left to feel dismay, it has already ruined everyone's lives.
Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote:There is a children services complaints procedure, but while there is care proceedings, it is usual that any complaint would be resolved in the court proceedings so you may not be able to use it to complain against the social worker.
Have you considered going to your MP or local elected councillor? They can take up your complaint to a senior manager at the local authority.
You have also complained about the social worker to the police and the guardian. I cannot advise about the police investigation.
The guardian will not be able to investigate a complaint about the social worker although she can pass it on to the social workers manager to deal with. But she can put information in her court statement or discuss the issues you raise with other parties –such as the fact you were protective and reported the perpetrator to the police.
Here is information about the role of a court guardian.
The police are simply not interested. Probably sleeping together, judging by the fact I got nothing but a case number. Not even a recorded interview. Absolute farce. The guardian has not returned my calls. If he doesn't question this SW in court regarding the false assessment then I will have him investigated too. I have the 2nd half of my life to make this so, and I won't rest until justice is done.
Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote:The reason why your daughter’s new baby will be made subject to the care proceedings is because the risks of harm that apply to the older children (such as witnessing domestic violence) are also risks to a baby.
Have a look at the advice sheet about care proceedings which I linked in my last response to you.
As explained above that is impossible. The guy is ordered to stay away by the police. A victim should not be further punished, they can not help being attacked by yet another angry person. Yes I will be going over the links which you posted, though it seems some are aimed at women so I don't find them to be appropriate. All I want is to apply for an investigation on the original SW, then it can be revealed how none of this should've happened. My daughter has seeked guidance for the family all along, felt ok but things went on, and then protection from being abused by angry exes, both mentally and physically from these guys.
Suzie, FRG Adviser wrote:Is there any other reason that you are in dispute with the social worker. Is it worth challenging all your energies into complaints when you could concentrate on letting people-like the guardian know how you are an asset to the family? All those many times you have supported your daughter.
I could be wrong, but I feel that you might get caught up in this dispute but miss what is actually happening-the future plans for your grandchildren and how you could be involved.
It is hard for me to get a handle on what's happening so you should call the advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line has the advantage of you being able to discuss what’s happening in depth and we can hopefully look at the options you have.

Best wishes,

Suzie
I am in dispute with the SW because here attitude was unprofessional the moment I met her. She had preconcieved ideas about me and went along with them. She shows extreme favour towards 'that' side of the families. She gives my daughter no freedom to be a parent. She bends the law to a knot.

The guardian already knows us, yet I can't get a call returned. He had better make a better effort in court. Putting these criminals on the spot in front of the judge. And putting this atrocity right.

Again I have left out some details, amazingly for such a long post. I don't trust readers of this thread, people are malicious and insist on making us suffer. I don't really see any point in posting any more, so this shall be my last words here. Thank you.

Normal Grandad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Normal Grandad » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:20 pm

So today at my daughter's little 3 hour slot to see her kids, the hater social worker refused to let my daughter take her kids to see their new sister, just in case the baby is put in to foster care.

Do you see how this is more than wrong? My daughter is in a mother and baby unit for up to 1 year. Why is this social worker being a complete nightmare to my family?

I had to update this post because we need serious help against this hateful social worker. FRG know my email, I filled out their survey which asked if they could contact me, and I said yes. So if anyone out there can help us defend against this then please contact FRG asap. Enough is enough.

Kami2018
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Kami2018 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:33 pm

Why would they do that ?? Who does the baby reside with now this social worker must feel that this wee baby could go to foster care at some point what are the reasons for that ? I'd contact a siloctor

Normal Grandad
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:50 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Normal Grandad » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:40 pm

Baby is with mother who is protected in refuge from physical and mental abuse ex. SW keeps paying off county court £350 to take my daughter court. They just don't like us because they're haters...what else can it be?

My advise to anyone thinking of starting up a family, would be leave the country first else your kids get kidnapped by rich people. Again, what else could be going on...they only pick on the poor who can't defend themselves. I can't get legal aid as a grand parent. Even Bill Gates doesn't care.

Kami2018
Posts: 88
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2018 5:08 pm

Re: can you trust social services

Post by Kami2018 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:49 pm

If ur grand child is still with ur daughter surely that is a good sign as if they fought there was any immediate danger or any immediate risk surely they wouldn't allow to have her baby even if as u say she's in a refuge

Post Reply