lieing social worker with a personal vendetta against me

SF123

lieing social worker with a personal vendetta against me

Postby SF123 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:19 pm

My social worker is .... she lies about me and her reports are so inaccurate. she has a personal vendetta against me and uses my mental health to her advantage. she has been assigned to my family only 5 months and has managed , through her lies to draw up care proceedings for adoption of my girls. 2 years ago i fled domestic violence. since that time my mental health has been stable and no other agencies working with me have any concerns on my parenting, even cafcas have no concerns. my last conference a couple of months ago i scored a high 9 for my parenting and school and health visitor could not understand why my youngest was even under social services. my mental health assessment ordered by the courts was written unfairly due to wrong information written in reports by social services and lies to cover up mistakes made as was the child psychologist report , these people went by lies written by social worker and the 2 years of me being stable and meeting my girls needs and courses i have taken to better my parenting skills have not even been looked at. the decsion of even removing my girls from me has shocked and saddened all agencies whom work with me. i have a big case load of evidence against this social worker.

Edited by Suzie to remove information that is in breach of rule 9

Minnie

Re: lieing social worker with a personal vendetta against me

Postby Minnie » Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:36 pm

I had a social worker who went against me and it became very personal towards me, to point he had a problem with me been female and a strong one at that. He had since left the local authority(possibly sacked) and have a new social worker but his legacy still lives on. It was soul destroying living with this, he made me out as a bad parent, lied and fabricated throughout the assessments and this still causing issues 8 months on. I don't even know what to suggested to work with the social worker other than remain calm and try and work with them, it is very frustrating especially when you children's future at stake.

Har1Her1

Postby Har1Her1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:44 pm

I sometimes feel a little sorry for social workers. They are often placed in an impossible position of having to 'assess' parental competence and the safety of children in very complex situations that they have only been involved with for, perhaps a few weeks. Sometimes the assessments are based on a few observations from a visit, similar observations from other people in other contexts and the views of individuals who are in a crisis situation. However, a disproportionate weight is attached to these assessments and inaccuracies or opinion presented as fact can have huge implications on decisions made and on the self esteem of individuals who are under assessment.

There was a time, however, that I would have said, social workers or other professionals in complex cases do not lie. I would have though that professional integrity and the implications of those falsities being uncovered would have dissuaded anyone involved in health and social care practice from writing things that are not evidenced, recording things in minutes that were not said, denying contact or negotiation that did occur and so on. However, sadly, I have experienced this very frequently and it has caused me not only to gain a reputation of 'not working well with professionals' (because I ask for amendments, query how evaluations have been made and refuse to be made a scapegoat for multi-agency failure) but also to lose confidence in the local authority's ability to find adequate provision for my children and to keep them safe.

It is sad, because I have a great deal of respect for social care as a profession and I know people who work for Children's Social Care and related agencies have a very difficult job that is often hugely under-resourced. Yet I have never receive reports from any other profession that overtly record events that did not take place; states that things were said (which are highly significant) that were never said or made statements of competence based that are based on inadequate evidence or that have no evidence base at all.

This is only my experience, and it could be that I have just been unlucky, but I have joined the ranks of people who now wonder what on earth is going on in Safeguarding.

Har1Her1

Postby Har1Her1 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:46 pm

Apologies for the typing errors.

Return to “Getting your voice heard”