Special guardianship order on my 3 older children

Kristie136

Special guardianship order on my 3 older children

Post by Kristie136 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:58 pm

Hi. This is quite painful and difficult for me to write. I really need some advice on what to do. My mum was granted a special guardianship order on my 3 older children in 2013 since then my life has completely changed and I've had 2 more children. I no longer have the social services involved and been deemed a good parent for my younger 2 children but I feel like I cant move on without my older 3. Me, my mum and my family don't have a relationship, we just talk regarding the children (but she doesn't seem bothered by my younger 2) I have full support from my health visitor to have my situation reassessed to get my other children back with me. I'm at a lose on what to do and how to approach this. My mum is very difficult to deal with. She is full of empty promises regarding my older children. One of my sons that she has, keeps asking me when my mum isnt around "when is he coming home" which breaks my heart. He's now starting to ask my mum for sleep overs with me but she's said no and he gets in a awful state and my mum tells me to ignore him. I can't ignore him, he obviously suffering hard with not being with his mummy when his younger sister and brother do.

Can someone please help or guide me in the right direction and how to get the ball rolling?!

Thank you for anyone who is reading this. I'm crying out for help but feel like no one is listening

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Special guardianship order on my 3 older children

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:09 pm

Dear Kristie136

Welcome to the parents’ discussion board. My name is Suzie, one of FRG’s online advisers. I can hear you are really concerned to know what steps you would need to take to have the Special Guardianship Order overturned in respect of your older three children.

Firstly, in order to have any chance of having the original decision overturned, by a court, you would need to be able to demonstrate that you have made significant changes in your life. Secondly, that any changes you have been able to make have been sustained. It

From the information you have posted, it is unclear what age your older children are. Either way, it is apparent that the fact that you no longer have any Childrens’ Services involvement with your family is evidence that the original reasons your children were removed are no longer warranted. However, it is evident that your relationship with the Special Guardian has broken down.

At this stage, it is advisable to speak to your children’s grandmother to see if you are able to resolve things informally between yourselves. By approaching her in a non-confrontational way and speaking to her about your frustrations would be one way of allowing her to respond to your views, in the hope that you can plan a way forward together.

Failing this, you may wish to consider arranging for mediation to establish if you are able to resolve your difficulties in the presence of a 3rd party. In the event that neither of these options works for you, you may wish to consider seeking legal advice about whether to take the matter back to court.

In the meantime, you may wish to keep a record of any discussions or request with any responses you receive for your records.

Best Wishes

Suzie