School violating data protection

justiceisaright

School violating data protection

Post by justiceisaright » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi,

Well social services came and took me to court. Rather then combatting any evidence I worked with social workers to agree on moving to the states with my children and my mother being the SGO. Social Services paid for the tickets for me and the kids and even promised money to ship our belongings. They were very aware that an SGO is not recognizable in the states as was the judge however for the purposes of England and Wales it sufficed their erring on the side of caution so here we are.

Now my problem is that we got to this place because of intense harassment by a former headteacher and, her friend, a pastoral care manager harassing and stigmatizing me over many years. This stigma came to a head when the former headteacher told my nanny not to work for me as I was "not the type of family she should be working for." Of course when I mentioned the constant abuse to my solicitors, social workers, caf manager nothing really ever came about it accept to investigate me further.

Fast forward and I enrolled the children into school here in the USA. The pastoral care manager for my daughters school has sent all the caf (common assessment framework), emails between her and the former head teacher in which shows they were looking at my facebook and saying I was mentally disturbed because of "men and abuse" posts (the kind that everyone shares between each other and not my personal words) and unsurprisingly colluding with each other. She also sent emails between her and social services about my children going into foster care as well as a few others.

This has made me considerably distraught but already have had a very negative effect on my daughter in her new school who they are now "concerned about" as a result. I contact social services who asked me to write to the head of education who has given us no response nor has the head teacher of the professionals school in question.

Justice needs to be done and surely his is a violation of my childrens rights. [/list]

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: School violating data protection

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:20 pm

Dear Justice is a Right

Firstly, can I congratulate you on the success of being reunited with your children, albeit (if I understand you correctly) in a shared care arrangement with your mother who has been granted a special guardianship order . This means that your mother holds parental responsibility and Childrens' Services are no longer actively involved.
equal opportunities

Secondly, it is reassuring to hear that your family’s transition abroad has been a positive one although you have concerns about the appropriate inter-agency share of information about your family background between the education providers.

However, your post seems to indicate that your concerns relate to how you have been portrayed by the previous school, and Family Rights Group is not funded to provide education advice. Therefore, can I suggest you await a response from the Director for Education (DfE). Should you require further support on this matter, you may wish to contact the Children’s Legal Centre.

Alternatively, because you are currently living out of the jurisdiction of the UK, you may also find it useful to contact Children and Families Across Borders (CFAB) to see if they can assist you at this time.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie