ADVICE NEEDED ASAP ON SGO

anon0381

ADVICE NEEDED ASAP ON SGO

Post by anon0381 » Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:07 am

Hi all, i'm inquiring on behalf of a friend.
He was mislead into a SGO that was done and dusted in 8 months and granted to the maternal grandmother. If childrens services have no involvement when a SGO is granted then wouldnt it be odd that he is attending PNC classes also having conference and core meeting still?? childrens services are still involved and the child is on the protection register still. My friend was offered no help in preventing this SGO In terms of PNC classes etc and my knowledge on this as been that following a public law outline meeting where they state whats required of you to prevent court proceeding, if pursuing court proceedings that CS must show evidence how they have offered the appropriate help to prove your self as a parent, and failing that then go for court proceedings. Shouldnt these PNC classes etc have been put into place before any PLO meeting and pursued if you dont co-operate with CS?? also if theres no involvement when a SGO is granted and therefore close the file, isnt it also odd that my friend now gets contact in a contact centre?..can anybody shed some light on this please...thanks in advance

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: ADVICE NEEDED ASAP ON SGO

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Mon Jul 13, 2015 4:33 pm

Hi Anon0381,

Grandmother may have made a free standing private law application for a Special Guardianship Order-on her own-without children services first applying for care orders? But I would have expected dad to have known about this application. As a father he would have automatically been a party to the court proceedings.
Was he aware of the court proceedings? Has he got a copy of the court order?

The court is not involved with child protection processes. It is governed by children services who follow government guidance –Working Together to Safeguard Children 2015. So a plan could continue even if a child moves to a new home ordered by the court.

However, I would expect that if grandmother had a special guardianship order, approved by a court that the child would quickly be de registered from a child protection plan.

A child protection plan is reviewed regularly –first after 3 months then after 6 months. A plan would only continue if the conference suspected that a child was at an ongoing risk of suffering significant harm.

I am not sure if this clarifies the situation Anon?

Best wishes,

Suzie