Children's Services accusing me of domestic violence

heartbrokenfather

Children's Services accusing me of domestic violence

Post by heartbrokenfather » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:47 pm

Hi All.

If you happen to be following my main post: Removed from family home by Police & Children Services, then you will know that one of the things children's services keep on accusing me of is domestic violence.

So once again I am here looking for some help and advice.

In the last few days I finely got a copy of the minutes from the child protection conference that was at the end of May.
Yes it has really taken them almost 12 weeks to get a copy to me.

Within the minutes is says "The conference heard that there had been long term domestic violence with Mr --------".

Within the minutes I can not see what I have done for them to come to this conclusion.

I have been with my wife for 14 years and we have been married for 11 Years.
My wife and I have 4 Children, and my wife has 1 Child from a previous partner, so a total of 5 children.

We have never had the police at our house due to any kind of domestic violence / disturbance.

My wife and I have had disagreements / arguments, (as I am sure all couples do at times).
I do not hit my wife and or children.
My Wife and I have separate bank accounts, and my wife deals with the finances.
Before being removed from the family home, I used to say at home with the children, so that my wife could do any needed trips. i.e, Shopping, School Parents Days, School Clubs, Doctor's appointments, Hospital appointments, etc. as it's not practical to take all 5 children.

I have no problem with going on any groups, classes, etc.

But the problem is that my solicitor as advised me that if I on any of these off my own back that children's services might see it as a admission of guilt.

So I really don't know what to do, as I can't see anything progressing and moving forward with children's services until such time that I can address this concern of domestic violence.

So once again I would like your help and advice, is there anyone I can contact to help address this?

Thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Children's Services accusing me of domestic violence

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:01 pm

Dear Heartbrokenfather

As I have provided a fairly detailed reply to your other thread, in relation to concerns you have about the child protection plan, I do not intend to repeat all of the advice again here.

Under the circumstances, you would expect a risk assessment to be undertaken to assess what if any risk you pose to the children as part of the child protection plan, and what if any action needs to be taken.

In any event, I would suggest that you consider contacting dvip to see what their view is about the question you raise. Alternatively you may wish to speak to an adviser on our advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 am to 03.00 pm about this specific issue.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie

heartbrokenfather

Post by heartbrokenfather » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:02 pm

Suzie, FRG Adviser: As always I thank you for your time and advice with matters.

In the last nine months is just seems that it has been a never ending uphill battle with children's services, as they just keep adding or changing any of there concerns.

It just seems to be one thing after another.

I will try contacting DVIP after the bank holiday weekend, and see what they can advice.

Sticking with this one subject children's services first started off just saying controlling and abusive behaviour, this then later on changed to domestic abuse, and now it's changed yet again to domestic violence.
I have yet to see any paper work, and or evidence, to backup any of their claims.

Under the European Convention of Human Rights: Article 6: Everyone charged with a criminal offence shall be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law.

Children's services view point seems to be that your guilty until proven guilty, and even if you are proven innocent you are still guilty.

I am once again stuck with the burden of proof, and at this point in time I have no idea how I can disprove children's services claims.

Thanks again for your time.

Best Regards.

charmed1

Post by charmed1 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:42 pm

heartbrokenfather wrote:In the last nine months is just seems that it has been a never ending uphill battle with children's services, as they just keep adding or changing any of there concerns.
They did exactly the same to us. The list of concerns was never ending. Always changing. The PLO meeting left me feeling it was all over before we even got to court.
heartbrokenfather wrote:Children's services view point seems to be that your guilty until proven guilty, and even if you are proven innocent you are still guilty
It's on the balance of probabilities that is the only threshold they have to prove. They never take notes at the visits. Instead go back and tell tales on you to their manager.

Keep fighting and keep records of everything.

heartbrokenfather

Post by heartbrokenfather » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:33 pm

charmed1: Thank you for your time and your response.

I just can't understand how on earth children's services can get away with saying and or accusing anyone of what ever they feel like without any evidence.

This is clearly defamation of character, libel, slander.

But it seems that children's services can say whatever they feel like.

Regarding records, I have a ring-binder folder that I take with me to ever single encounter that I have with children's services. This includes any letters, copy of minutes (when they send them), copy of emails, phone call logs, etc.

I also have a copy of "A guide to the Human Rights Act 1998: Third Edition" in the front of this folder, and it seems that social get quite uncomfortable when I open this folder.

As always, thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

charmed1

Post by charmed1 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:56 pm

You're welcome. They use the "no smoke without fire" attitude. Our son 3 at the time was taken into a side room at his nursery. Given stickers and asked questions about his Mum and Dad. They took what he said at face value at just 3 years of age, now at aged 5 they insist he is too young to understand and that missing Mummy and Daddy is not enough.

We were even spied on in the community as a nursery worker reported that she'd seen me "dismiss" my son when he showed me that he'd hurt himself. This is surely against our right to family life. That was while they were on cp plan. the so called professionals just followed like sheep. The observations differed to that of the social worker then suddenly they were all in agreement with her.

Our final hearing was back in December but they are still attempting to put our kids through assessments that should have been done while they were under an interim care order not full one.

They think they are authorities on mental health, child development, etc. etc. except they failed to acknowledge our daughter had special needs and instead blamed it on bad parenting so no support was offered.

I am waiting to hear if I've got legal aid to take these clowns back to court. Keep in touch with this group. I check back every day. Take care.

heartbrokenfather

Post by heartbrokenfather » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:01 pm

Suzie: I have just noticed that I have posted this under "General Discussion".
Can you please move this post to "Are social workers worried about domestic violence in your family?"

Thanks.