Drug Testing - Proof of abstinence

heartbrokenfather

Drug Testing - Proof of abstinence

Post by heartbrokenfather » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Good day all.

This is a side topic from my main post:
Removed from family home by Police & Children Services

I have already touched on this subject a few times in the above post, But I thought it might be an idea to start a new port dealing with this question directly.

In the last 6 months both the police and children's services on multiple occasions have brought up the subject of me possibly using illegal drugs, this is even put in the reports by children's services.
And each time this subject it brought up I say to them if they feel so strongly about it, to go ahead and test me. To date both the police has children's services have not tested nor requested me to be tested.

I am looking for advice to what my options are regarding clearing my name and proving that I don't and never have taken any illegal drugs.

I did see a GP a few months ago about this, but he did not seem at all interested, and I never heard anything back.
I have made another appointment to see a different GP this week to once again ask if there is any way of getting a Drug Test to clear my name.

I can only guess that the police and or children's services don't want to get me Drug Tested is that they already know that I don't and never have taken any illegal drugs, and that they would end up looking like fools.

Please let me know your thoughts.

And as always thanks for your time and advice.

ange301126

Re: Drug Testing - Proof of abstinence

Post by ange301126 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:24 am

Dear heartbrokenfather, I mentioned these drug tests on your other thread but after reading advice from a mum( MamaR) on the thread success stories, I was wrong to say don't worry about it!

She advises that you do everything yourself; you mustn't rely on anyone else.

As you won't be able to pay for these tests, I would suggest that you go to see your GP, tell him everything including dates (it will be in complete confidence) and tell him you want regular blood tests and records to be kept of them under the NHS. Tell him that the CS are extremely concerned about you taking drugs and as a consequence,so are you and he should be too( he works in conjunction with them).

Let us know if he agrees to it.
Last edited by ange301126 on Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

heartbrokenfather

Post by heartbrokenfather » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:50 am

Below is a copy and paste quote from my main post.
So far the best quote I have been given is for a 8 month overview at £170+vat (£204) plus, Sample collection at £100+vat (£120) a total of £324.

The above test will cover the following drugs: Amphetamines, Benzodiazepines, Cocaine, Cannabis, Methadone, Opiates and Ketamine

There is also an Optional Expert Witness Report that is another £120+vat (£144), that would bring it to a total of £468.
I have been and seen my GP, the GP is unable to offer any kind of testing that I require, The only thing the GP could advice was to contact the local alcohol and drug clinic, but even they would only be able to do a Urine test, But this kind of test is only good for up to 3 to 4 weeks.

I have emailed the drug testing firm that I have got the best quote from, to find out if they have any kind of payment plans or any other options available to me.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:04 am

Dear heartbrokenfather, see GP again and tell him you just want standard blood tests and his opinions recording as to the situation.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:54 am

Dear hearbrokenfather,

Why don’t you email the social worker (copy in the team manager). Point out that they keep raising the possibility that you are misusing drugs. However, even though you consent to a full drugs test (including hair test(?)-that will test back for as many months of hair growth that you have) they have not taken up your offer.
In light of this, ask them to please confirm their position in writing. Do they still maintain that you misuse drugs?
If they do-then you should consider asking the complaints department to take it up as it’s not fair.

Best wishes,
Suzie

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:07 am

Dear heartbrokenfather, of course if they didn't make proper enquiries and consult your GP before putting their appraisals to the CPC either that wasn't fair either.

I hardly dare mention to you,under the circumstances, but( tongue in cheek) as drug-taking leads to mental problems,are you sure of all the facts? If you are, maybe the s.w's smoke dope!

heartbrokenfather

Post by heartbrokenfather » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:27 pm

Suzie: Thanks for your advice regarding the social worker / manger. It is something I have thought about. But I am unsure how to best bring up the subject, as in each time I have questioned children's services allegations it then goes in there reports saying that I, "lack of positive engagement", "failure to recognise the severity of the current situation", etc. So I have to be very careful what I do or say, as I don't want to fuel there fire.

ange301126: As said before I have never taking any illegal substances in my life, and I know that I will pass any drugs tests with flying colours, The only drugs I have ever taken in my life are pain killers, and anything that has been prescribed by my GP. And this is why I am willing to spend what little money I have to try and prove to everyone that what is being said and is in the reports is false.

ange301126

Post by ange301126 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:48 am

Dear heartbrokenfather, These days did you know that various agencies such as the CS have access to your medical files without your express permission.
Really,as I said yesterday,they should make an in-depth core assessment of a case before taking serious decisions. Their appraisals are unrealistic if they don't.Anyone can tell from the CPC minutes that they have no idea because they haven't carried out fair and reasonable enquiries.
Surely they should have checked with the Police and your GP to see if you have a history of drugtaking.

I am not saying it will, but if the case ever goes to court your GP records may well be produced by order of the Judge.Often GP notes are very brief and even if there is no mention of illegal drugtaking in them,this will not necessarily help you because doubts will remain especially if the CS promote them deliberately as they have done so far.
Talking from experience of family proceedings, a clear,categorical statement on the subject in his notes by the GP would be much more helpful because court decisions are taken on the 'balance of probabilities'.
The CS will be loading the scales on one side ( often with conjecture and hearsay) and you have to load the other side of it.

MamaR says do everything yourself so you should ask your GP to make such a statement in your notes also arrange for a realistic appraisal from the community drug team or mental health team or whichever agency it is which the GP has recommended. Be prepared and you can also have the appraisals available for the next core group meeting.These teams work free under the NHS.

Stay one step ahead of them if you can.The court may well order these assessments anyway so if you have them in advance,no-one will HONESTLY be able to state that you have difficulty understanding concerns or the gravity of the situation.Believe me that if the CS repeats that particular lie over and over again and spreads it amongst other professionals consistently, in the end it will be believed. It will become irrefutable.This is the way it works. My children were not taken away because of anything we did,the decision was taken because it was claimed falsely that I was unable to acknowledge concerns and was unlikely to change and work with the CS in time scales relevant to the children. They aren't sowing misinformation about you for nothing.They know exactly what they are doing.They created that myth to persuade the CPC that your children are at risk and achieve what they wanted.

I hope this all makes sense, it isn't a rant and rave, you have already seen for yourself how hard it is to get yourself heard and how total rubbish is given credibility when it comes from the CS.

heartbrokenfather

Post by heartbrokenfather » Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:35 pm

Not much of an update on this matter.

Since my last update I have been hunting around and making phone calls trying to find out if there is any way of getting this drug testing done for free or at a discounted rate as I am on benefits. but it seems that no matter who I contact I seem to get the same answer, and that is unless children's services or the courts refer or order me for a drug test then there is nothing that can be done, besides funding the tests myself.

So it is looking that there is going to be no other option but to try and fund the tests myself, This will more then likely mean that I have to take out a loan to pay for it.

That's unless anyone else has any more ideas of things to try in the mean time.

Thanks again for your time.

Best Regards.