How easy is it to take a case to court for contact?

princess27

How easy is it to take a case to court for contact?

Post by princess27 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:26 pm

I had two children with learning difficulties who had been on child protection due to there fighting, my youngest sons sexualised behaviour and anxiousness well obviously this has been diagnosed as adhd for my youngest and autism for my eldest (not abuse at all) well there both now in long term care and I only see them every two months.

My daughter was placed in her dads care in the proceedings which I had to agree on!
Now almost 8 months later and almost 4 months after the final hearing her dad will not allow me to see her as the order stated Wednesdays and alternate weekends, my solicitor says he's in his right as the order states reasonable contact, we both had to agree on every Saturday last month as I've put her in dance class which I want to take her and its that day I can only see her now, but now every two weeks that Saturday his mum babysits her so he can go out so I miss that Saturday now, its 3 hours a week on a Saturday at my mums home I'm supposed to see her he won't let me have her at my home, my home was described by social workers as very clean and well presented and decorated to a high standered I have plenty of toys here for her to play with and her bed is her but he's not allowing overnight stays or even stays all together at my home his excuses are always "il let you know" and "not any time soon" and asking won't make it quicker" I'm at my wits end now and was approached by a few people I know who asked me were my childrem removed due to me sexually abusing them, I responded NO and instently knew it was him spredding these childish roumers and its effecting me now I've lost my sons I've lost my daughter who's only 4 she bearly knows who I am now and I've lost her for good, I can't afford a barrister as legal aid is now gone for this, although I can go court and ask for my court fee to be waved with a fee remission but I will get ripped to shreds in court by them, my faults were my daughter fell at home and needed butterfly stitches the cut was 1/2 a cm due to her tripping on a baby bouncer and 6 months previous to that she has nappy rash and the nursery told my dad who picked her up but failed to tell me it needs medical attention I automatically used sudacrem on her and it went after 5 days but the nursery described it as sever, and when I found out they reported me I took her out she was two at the time and I was paying almost £200 a month and it was becoming unaffordable I know I've not been the best mum but I try my best all the time and get knocked down all the time every body thinks I'm a pedophile because of him and I'm not I've never done anything like that never been in trouble before and thought I coped well untill all if this, the local authority sided with him even though he used to smoke drugs but as he had not been arrested before they sided with him, he only want my daughter to get benifits money I feel horrid I've lost my two sons now I am loosing my daughter too I have two children at home under a care order which is likly to be discharged by the local authority soon as everything is going fab, just need good advice as my solicitor can't help me anymore unless I pay and in my local area of Cheshire there is no support for situations like this.
Mummy to five beautiful children x

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: How easy is it to take a case to court for contact?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Dear princess27,

I am sorry to hear that there are problems between you and dad over your contact with your daughter. I am also very sorry to hear that rumours have been spread about you. Have you raised your concerns with children services? They may be worried about these rumours too.

Have you thought about mediation-to try and agree with dad the reasonable contact that you have with your daughter. Have a look for a mediator in your area here-
mediation helpline

You can still get legal aid for this to seek advice from a solicitor to help you with the process and for mediation itself.
You could contact the : Coram Children’s Legal Centre for advice about going to court for a contact order.

Ask the social worker whether there is any advocacy services in the part of Cheshire you live that might be able to help you. Or the citizen’s advice bureau may have a list of advocacy services.

I am pleased to hear that your children services are thinking about discharging the care orders in respect of the children who live with you at home.
I know you feel that you have lost your boys who are in care. However, remember that you still have parental responsibility for your boys. Have a look at our advice sheet which I have put on the forum before.
: Duties to children in the care system. It shows how you can still be involved with your sons care.

Best wishes,
Suzie