Children may be returning

Crazycatlady

Children may be returning

Post by Crazycatlady » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:50 pm

Hi. In 2001 my 4 month old twins were found to have non-accidental injuries. My husband & I do not know how these were caused. As a result they were placed under a residential care order with my husbands aunt & uncle. We saw them once a month. 2 years ago his aunt left & didn't take our children with her. As a result of how his uncle is we had no option but to stop seeing them. His behaviour towards us was upsetting our children & causing them distress. Social services told us they thought he was capable of looking after them. 3 weeks ago we had a phone call off him saying did we want to try & get them back. We eventually found out the social workers name ( they never kept us informed ). When we spoke to her she said that their behaviour at home was terrible but at school they were perfect. She also said she thinks he is incapable of looking after children. He has told her that he hates them & that they are stealing food. She is coming to do 3 assessments & then will let us know if we are capable of caring for them. Has anyone else heard of this happening? We are very worried at the moment, we do not know what is happening or if they are ok. He does not let them use the phone to call us or my husbands aunt who has been their mum from the age of 1. Can anyone please give us any advice on what to do.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Children may be returning

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:24 pm

Hi CrazyCatLady,

I've moved this to the General Discussionn topic as I think more people will see it there and you'll get more help.

Best wishes

Suzie

Crazycatlady

Re: Children may be returning

Post by Crazycatlady » Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Thank you. I hope someone here can give us any advice