looking for a newborn baby to observe

Rachida

looking for a newborn baby to observe

Post by Rachida » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 pm

Hello,

As a trainee in counselling in psychotherapy for children and adolescents, I am looking for a mother or carer (French or English speaking) and her newborn baby to observe their developing relationship over a period of 10 to 12 months (ideally in the North London area). The mother/carer has to commit to an observation in their home for an hour per week during the 10/12 month period. All I do is sit in a corner and observe for an hour and leave without taking notes as it is important to just observe the subtle development of the baby.

Mothers/carers who have experienced this observation felt it was nice sharing this special relationship with someone else but also they felt this was a great opportunity for them to contribute to a better understanding of how infant/mother relationship unfolds so as to help improve dysfunctional or disturbing relationships of other infants and their mothers/carers. We can't help mothers/carers and infants in distress without first understanding the healthy development of that relationship.

Please feel free to contact me at rach71@me.com

Rachida