Human Rights and Children's Services

Miserylovescompany2

Re: Human Rights and Children's Services

Post by Miserylovescompany2 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:33 am

I can not stress how important it is to allow people the freedom to express themselves. This is supposed to be a forum where parents can offer each other advice, support and share their own personal experiences. No one person should be targeted nor singled out.

QuestionMark

Post by QuestionMark » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:03 pm

I am so glad that there are so many of us having these same thoughts. I have lost my baby on the "possibility" that I "might be abused again in the future" and so "I might pose a risk of emotional harm" to my son based on this "maybe"............ Life altering decisions are being made on possibilities

Questioning19

Post by Questioning19 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:46 pm

I fully agree with the OP and it's sad that people feel increasingly stigmatised when doubting the sincerity of some social workers, or the institution in general, to simply "keep children safe from any possible harm".

Fortunately I have come across decent social workers who operated with transparency and without malice or hidden intentions. But things could have easily gone differently, as the ones I met before were mendacious and sly. It's a gamble basically; it's Russian Roulette, depending on who is assigned to your case for an assessment.

I was warned to be very careful about the things I discuss around my children at home as they can overhear and mention them to others and that might raise issues. Simple opinions such as disliking the police. I have never suggested they break the law or deliberately disobey police officers in any circumstance, but I had never thought children were mandated to worship the state and any kind of authority. That we could not express any anti-authority opinion in our own home lest it lwas leaked inadvertently. That is Orwellian.

You know the situation is dreadful when you have an MP speaking out in the press, advising parents to flee abroad in the face of a crushing system they have no chance of surviving through with their family intact. In fact this system is an international scandal and broadly discussed in other European countries.

It's also very sad that many people have come to see this inhuman intrusion as normal. If their intention is to find something to label as "concerning", they will, as no individual's life is ever spared from problems. It is no longer a case of safeguarding children in visibly bad situations, but harrassing parents if there is any suspicion of things being less than perfect, in the past, present or possible future. And obviously, no one's circumstances are ever perfect from birth until death.

It runs contrary to the modern principle of justice, based on the presumption of innocence and requiring accusations to be proven beyond reasonable doubt before action is taken against someone. Imagine what it would be like if people were convicted on a mere suspicion of wrongdoing by the criminal justice system. In fact we don't need to imagine as history is laden with dictatorships operating in this exact manner, some to this day.

My only advice is to record every interaction with CS in minute details, preferably on camera. There is no way to fight the system as a whole, but one can always be vigilant and take precautions.