Baby X

Fru

Baby X

Post by Fru » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:49 pm

Hi, I am new to all of this but I think I may need some help, advice and support over the next few weeks so I am going to write about what has happened and kind of keep an open diary for anyone to comment on.

Firstly, about 4 weeks ago I got a text message from my son which went something like this...

'Hey mum apparently some woman says I've got her pregnant and she wants to keep it and there isn't a lot I can do about it. Any advice you want to give me apart from I'm a ****. I don't want to be with her.'

Well that was a different text wasn't it?

So, I gave two pieces of advice
1. Do a runner
2. Support her

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Baby X

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Fru,

Thanks for posting on our board. You must have been very surprised when you received that text. Unfortunately I don’t think we are the right organisation to help you. We give advice to people who are involved with or need help from Children’s Services, the new name for social services. If you want some general support perhaps a website like Netmums will be better for you?

Good luck, I hope everything works out well.

Best wishes

Suzie

Fru

Re: Baby X

Post by Fru » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:58 pm

Thanks Suzie but I know that this is the right outlet because I have had some lengthy conversations with you. Please keep with me.

The next thing I found out from my son was that he had made himself known to social services and he received a visit from two social workers who said they would like to meet him.

Next thing, our daughter gets a visit from a family group coordinator and we get a phone call to arrange a visit from the coordinator.

The coordinator talks only of 'Best for Baby', closed adoption, vulnerable adult and lack of parenting skills.

Alarm bells start ringing.