They are not leaving us alone

JaqMar House

They are not leaving us alone

Post by JaqMar House » Fri May 31, 2013 7:43 pm

Hi,

We have been with social services (Now CPP) for over a year. We have done everything they've asked us to do, yet they still find fault.

Any suggestions?

Who could we complain to? Who is going to listen?

Thanks.

blueplain

Re: They are not leaving us alone

Post by blueplain » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:10 pm

Try 4 years. They need to see long term maintained improvements. Read my account here

http://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/view ... f=16&t=241

This will let you know whats what and I made a guide wich entails how to lower concern

http://www.frg.org.uk/ParentsForum/view ... f=16&t=310

Lorri642

Post by Lorri642 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:31 pm

This is a question for Suzie please. Can a social worker ignore recommendations of the chair lady in a coffhild protection conference?? My son has been taken off a CPP down to child in need because of access issues only, but the social worker refuses to get out of our lives and says she's not going to follow any of the chair lady's recommendations. She says she's sticking around incase she needs to put my son back on a cpp! She is witch hunting me and keeps subtly grilling me, trying to find things that are not there. The reason my son was on the plan is a long story but basically my son alledged sexual abuse to me about his father (a police officer) and they turned on me accusing me of making it up/coaching ect. I did their psychological assesments that did not show any mental or abusive problems. They still do not believe me or my son. At one point they took my son and gave him to his alledged abuser and I had one supervised visit a week. It was pure hell. A judge told them off and told them they shouldnt of done it, but they just keep on and on hoping to get something to remove my blonde haired blue eyed hansome clever son. They are not getting the message that my son is not for sale. I have fought like a tiger and every time I get some sort of victory, they come back twice as hard. They are making my life hell.

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:40 am

Dear lorri642,
Welcome to the parents board! It must hasve been very stressful and upsetting for you when your son made an allegation against his father. You did the most protective thing for your son involving children services (social services).
I am glad that the child protection conference has decided that your son is not at any ongoing risk of suffering significant harm and that you are seen as a protective parent.
Whwen this decision was made the Chairwoman of the child protection conference had the choice of either making no plan at all or making a child in need plan.
She has decided that a child in need plan may be more helpful to you and your family.

However, I can see that you are concerned about the social workers attitude when says that she is sticking around in case she needs to put your son back on a child protection plan. I can imagine that this does not help you work in a cooperative way with her-but instead, heightens any anxiety you may have about children’s services. I am sorry about her attitude.

If I can explain what a child in need plan should mean, then hopefully, you will be less worried.
Here is our link to a glossary of terms- child in need.

Children’s Services should work with you to draw up a child in need plan. The plan would be about the family support that could be useful to your family. So for example, this could be around supporting you around the ongoing issues about contact between your exe and his son.
The plan is usually reviewed after a few months. The plan can say which professional will be providing what help and support and under what timescale. It should be written down and a copy given to you.
It is important to remember that a child in need plan is not compulsory so you do not have to cooperate with it and with the social worker. You could ask that it is closed.

However, I would like to add a note of caution. Sometimes, when a parent does not work with a child in need plan, then it can increase a risk of harm to the child so it can result in child protection concerns being raised and the possibility of there being a further child protection conference.
What support is being offered by your sons child in need plan? Is it helpful? If it is, then it is probably worth accessing the support on offer. Particularly as issues around contact can drag on and be stressful to you and your son.
You could tell the social workers manager about your difficulties with the social worker and advise him/her that you may find it difficult to work with the plan. You could ask him/her to advise (in writing) what would happen if you declined their offer of help.
Would they just close your son’s children file? Or would this raise worries for them?

I hope this advice helps but please post back if you have any more questions.

Best wishes,

Suzie