Special Guardianship Orders

Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:14 am

Re: Special Guardianship Orders

Postby mumof32017 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:17 am

Also I have just found out they have got a passport for my child frauently using this new name and told her Dr's school etc to use this name can I ask court to tell these places to change back to legal name

Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Re: Special Guardianship Orders

Postby MCE1234 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 pm

Sorry to jump on this post but I’m looking on some advice and where to start really was wondering if any one could help me? I had my son taken off me he was in care for nearly a year I was fighting for him though court nothing I did was good enough I think I was treated very poorly by the ss but any way he’s with my dad and his girlfriend under SGO basically I want to fight to have him back to me I’m in a totally different situation I’m older now and wiser and I just want my son home where he belongs and I know my boy wants it to we have an amazing bond but I just need him home I will do anything to have him back I will walk the world to just have him home

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 1855
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Special Guardianship Orders

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:06 pm

Dear MCE1234

Welcome to the Parents’ Discussion Board.

My name is Suzie, online adviser at Family Rights Group. Thank you for posting and I can understand that it was hard for you to have your son removed from your. There is, however, a positive as he has been placed with a family member.

You say your father and his girlfriend has a special guardianship order for your son. You do not say whether or not you are having regular contact with your son. This would be an important factor.

It is not clear from your post how long your son has been living with his grandfather but this is also likely to be a factor in any consideration by the court about where your son should live.

I am including here a copy of our advice sheet about what special guardianship means for birth parents which I hope you will find helpful.

Whilst it is possible to ask the court for permission to make an application to discharge a special guardianship order, you must first be able to show that your have made significant changes to your life and the concerns that existed at the time the order was made are no long present. For example, if there were issues with drugs or alcohol, you should have addressed this and be able to provide evidence of the work you did, how long you have been abstinent. Please read page 15 of the advice sheet for information about discharging a special guardianship order.

I hope this helps. However, should you wish to speak to an adviser you can telephone our free advice line on 0808 801 0366. The advice line is open from 9.30am to 3pm Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).

Best wishes


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests