15 year old ran away to grandparents now wanting residence.

cupcake

15 year old ran away to grandparents now wanting residence.

Post by cupcake » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:23 pm

*Biological father has not been on the scene since she was 3
*My husband been a father to her for 10 years
*15 year old not wanting to do chores but got everything
*she feels like cinderella
*Been gone for 8 months
*2 contacts with her siblings since, once for x-mas money.
*Grandparents talking via solicitor won't call or answer the phone when we call
*not seen their other grandkidies since the 15 year old ran off to them.
*I handed over CB voluntarily

Now waiting to hear from the courts and their solicitors as the grandparents want residence. When she left I called SS and the police but none got involved.

What is involved and why residence?, They have already changed her doctors even though they live in the next village. I am happy to sign documents and pass school info on and let them go to parents evening etc. I am not sure if it is a control thing and they think they will be quids in.
Can you please help me and advise me
Krstie

cupcake

Re: 15 year old ran away to grandparents now wanting residen

Post by cupcake » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:02 pm

ok so can the grandparents change her GP? and sign for outings etc for school? as they have. Found out she was injured through a report via school. Change her name to "known as"?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: 15 year old ran away to grandparents now wanting residen

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:27 am

Hi Cupcake

Welcome to the discussion board.

Sorry to hear that you are having such a difficult time in relation to your 15 year old daughter, who has (with your blessing), now left voluntarily to go and reside with her paternal grandparents.

At the current time, you have parental responsibility for your child, so technically it requires your consent to change schools, GP etc.

I am not sure from the information in your post whether the father shares this with you. However, the grandparents certainly do not have it, but could acquire this through the courts ie if the residence order application is successful.

However, at sixteen, your daughter can choose where she wishes to reside, but can access healthcare and should be consulted about her views on a range of issues before this time, if she is assessed as being Fraser competent to make these decisions.

You may wish to seek legal advice from a solicitor at www.lawsociety.org.uk, regarding the forthcoming court application by the grandparents.

Howeer, if you wish to raise a specific issue in relation to your situation, please contact the Family Rights Group advice line on 0808 801 0366 Monday to Friday 09.30 am to 03.30 pm.

I hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Suzie