Need some advice

Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Need some advice

Postby Babyz33 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:06 pm

My daughters nan is rather crazy she has a strong belief that people can be possessed by demons she told me she had them put on her and had to have an excorsism she also believed her son (my child's dad) had them aswell when he was about 6yrs old and kept washing his mouth out with salt.
I would never leave my daughter alone with her but now she has stated she thinks I have been to a medium who has put demons on me and I pushing her son to make me drop my daughter who is 3months old off there and leave her there I won't even leave her alone with her dad as he doesn't know what to do with her, he can't even feed her.
Is there anything I can apply for so his mom is not allowed near my daughter as I fear for her safety now if she thinks I have demons does she think my child does aswell.
I don't mind her dad seeing her only if its supervised so he can't take her round his mom.

I hope somebody can help

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2085
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: Need some advice

Postby Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:46 pm

Hi Babyz33

Welcome to the discussion board.

You raise some valid child protection concerns about how the views held about the mother of your child's father related to child protection and spirit possession.

Because of the concerns you have about your child's welfare, and her possible exposure to significant harm, as a result of the religious beliefs held by a close relative, you are right to take these concerns seriously.

There is increasing evidence to suggest that this issue is a growing problem within many communities, because of the potential impact on children's physical and emotional welfare. You could refer to the Victoria Climbie Foundation ... u-tragedy/ set up to examine and offer support around ritual abuse, and lessons to be learned, following the death of a 15 year old child.

I am not sure what attempts you have made so far, to speak to the person, about your concerns, and the impact on your daughter's physical and emotional needs. In the meantime, may I recommend that you should continue to take protective measures and monitor all contact with them, until you are confident she would not be placed at risk.

If you are still worried about what action you can take, you may also wish to contact the NSPCC on 0207825 1352 or via their helpline on 0808 800 5000, or refer to the following research ... f48631.pdf. Alternatively, you could seek legal advice via, where you may want to consider applying for instance, a Prohibited Steps Order or discuss what other options you have with a solicitor.

Best Wishes


Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:03 pm

Re: Need some advice

Postby Babyz33 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Thank you so much for your reply
I have told them both I don't believe in what they do and they don't listen at all I have booked to see a solicitor to find out what I can put in place to protect her from them it's really got me worried ill take a look at the links aswell and let you know how it goes thanx again

Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest