Can I complain? If I do complain will it be used against me?

QuestionMark

Can I complain? If I do complain will it be used against me?

Post by QuestionMark » Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:35 pm

The case is closed. I’ve boiled down my complaints to one; but I’m afraid that if I complain now, it’ll be used against me in the future if I have another child. Any advice? Do I have a right to complain? Am I safe to complain?

Suzie, FRG Adviser

Re: Can I complain? If I do complain will it be used against me?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:53 pm

Dear QuestionMark

Thank you for your post.

To answer your question, yes, you do have a right to complain, we are all able to complain about the institutions or organisations who are involved with us and the services we have received from them.

Is it safe to complain? I shall have to say yes to this question too. If however you feel that complaining now will affect you in the future you could include this concern in the opening paragraph of the complaint you have already drafted and invite the local authority to answer that question first. You may also ask them to give you assurances about how they will manage your complaint. The local authority will have a policy about complaints, perhaps you could ask them to send it to you or ask where it is located on their website.

We have an advice sheet about complaints which I hope will be helpful to you, you can find it here.

Best wishes

Suzie

QuestionMark

Re: Can I complain? If I do complain will it be used against me?

Post by QuestionMark » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:47 am

Thank you for your response. I’ve opted to raise awareness of the issues I experienced in hopes that it’ll help improve the service. Even though this isn’t a complaint I’m still pretty nervous about it - I’m always worried they’ll see it as a reason to become involved in my life again!