How can I help my LO?

Post Reply
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10 pm

How can I help my LO?

Post by QuestionMark » Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:11 am

Since CAO holder stopped weekday contact (explained on previous post), LO has became teary, more tantrums, staying up later despite being tired insisting that they want to play, and seems subdued at times and doesn’t respond when you talk to them. I’m worried, but as non resident parent what can I do? The health visitor has not managed to see LO for at least 6 months as CAO holder ignores her calls. She’s said she’s going to start sending out letters and if that does nothing it’ll be elevated..

User avatar
Suzie, FRG Adviser
Posts: 2622
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Re: How can I help my LO?

Post by Suzie, FRG Adviser » Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:14 pm

Dear Questionmark

You have posted again several times regarding your current situation in respect of your daughter who is living with her father under a child arrangement order made by the court.

You are correct you do continue to share parental responsibility for your daughter and should be kept informed in respect of medical matters relating to her.

The health visitor has already informed you that she will escalate matters if your daughter’s father fails to engage. I am not able to add anything further unless you wish to make a referral yourself to children’s services if you consider there is a safeguarding issue.

If the school is not responding to you, I suggest you ask for an appointment to discuss your concerns with the head teacher. If this does not work then you may have to consider making a formal complaint under their complaints policy.

Although you have posted on this forum a number of times since care proceedings ended, the issue you have been concerned about are now all private law contact issues. The remit of our service is to advice on public law matters, that is, matters involving direct involvement by children’s services.

You may wish to consider if you wish to make an application to the court for an order that your child’s father keep you informed.

I suggest that for you get advice relating to private law issues that you make contact with Child Law Advice on 0300 330 5480.

Best wishes


Post Reply